No registration required

[SOLVED] Unable to access with ADB/No RSA Fingerprint Key Window

OP postal302

5th August 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #11  
Flag Palos Park, IL
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Yes it is a Verizon VS985. I bought it last week. I have four options, charge, MTP, internet and PTP when I connect my phone to the PC. I get usb debugging under either ethernet or modem. Device Manegr sees my phone and I get the RSA key. I never get a terminal which let's me know something isn't right. This is truly weird but I won't give up. I'll start over and see what happens. Again, thanks for your patience.
5th August 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 41

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterd

Yes it is a Verizon VS985. I bought it last week. I have four options, charge, MTP, internet and PTP when I connect my phone to the PC. I get usb debugging under either ethernet or modem. Device Manegr sees my phone and I get the RSA key. I never get a terminal which let's me know something isn't right. This is truly weird but I won't give up. I'll start over and see what happens. Again, thanks for your patience.

No problem at all, happy to help! It sounds like you have everything set up properly, however the terminal doesn't open automatically (you need to do it manually). But you shouldn't need to open the terminal to get ioroot to work, after you've unzipped the ioroot.zip file, simply navigate to the ioroot folder, right-click on ioroot.bat and choose Run as Administrator. That should run through the entire process for you.

If you want to test your adb connection (testing not required for ioroot to work) you'll need to open the command prompt manually. Press Windows Key+R, in the run window, type cmd and press enter, this will open the command prompt. When you're in the command prompt, you'll need to change directory to the location of adb.exe in the bts folder inside the ioroot folder. Mine was in a folder named android on my C drive so the address looked something like this: C:\android\ioroot\bts the command you'll type in command prompt would be: cd C:\android\ioroot\bts then press enter. Then you can type adb devices and see if you're connected properly.
5th August 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #13  
Flag Palos Park, IL
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Okay. Here's where we are. I did everything you suggested. I got the RSA key and the G3 went into recovery mode. I toggeld down to the appropriate command and hit the power button. The little green guy fell over with the dreaded red triange and I got the message "This version of ioroot does not support your device/firmware combo. Please downgrade to previously supported software version. My G3 is running VS98510B. I can't post in the devlopment section but wonder if a software update prevents root the the version being used. Just a question but at least I know I'm not going crazy.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterd

Okay. Here's where we are. I did everything you suggested. I got the RSA key and the G3 went into recovery mode. I toggeld down to the appropriate command and hit the power button. The little green guy fell over with the dreaded red triange and I got the message "This version of ioroot does not support your device/firmware combo. Please downgrade to previously supported software version. My G3 is running VS98510B. I can't post in the devlopment section but wonder if a software update prevents root the the version being used. Just a question but at least I know I'm not going crazy.

You sir are a genious. After changing my USB cord, I'm rooted and all is well in the world. It's always the little things that matter
6th August 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 41

79 posts
More
My Pleasure! It's the little things that matter and the little things that kill!! I'm glad you're finally victorious!
27th November 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #15  
Flag Upstate, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
More
EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work through Internet>Ethernet.
Last edited by ADKSherpa5344; 27th November 2014 at 01:11 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, ioroot, lg g3, unauthorized, windows
Previous Thread Next Thread