Ask a question

No registration required

Unfortunately LG SetupWizard Has Stopped

OP htcdesirezgeorge

21st August 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

165 posts
I rooted it using IOroot last night, factory reset this thing and now it says that. Anyone have any idea why?
21st August 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcdesirezgeorge

I rooted it using IOroot last night, factory reset this thing and now it says that. Anyone have any idea why?

If all you did was root the phone and factory reset then no idea. You didn't freeze anything or mod the phone in any way?

- Tapatalked from the G3
21st August 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

165 posts
I actually froze a bunch of LG stuff because I didn't like them... Apparently I froze LGSetupWizard or uninstalled it and now I am sitting with a shiny new brick. Hopefully I can unbrick it when I get home; tried at work and the flash tool wouldnt see the device so I was stuck at the log in screen.
21st August 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 264

472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcdesirezgeorge

I actually froze a bunch of LG stuff because I didn't like them... Apparently I froze LGSetupWizard or uninstalled it and now I am sitting with a shiny new brick. Hopefully I can unbrick it when I get home; tried at work and the flash tool wouldnt see the device so I was stuck at the log in screen.

Yea you will have to put the phone into download mode and use the LG Flash Tool to flash the .TOT. I had a similar problem after I tried to edit the build.prop (less than 24 hours with the phone and had just finished setting everything up...) and since the file is so large Root Explorer can't open the whole thing and saved an incomplete build.prop. Couldn't get through the setup wizard either after factory reset so had to flash the .TOT.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread