FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Unfortunately LG SetupWizard Has Stopped

165 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By htcdesirezgeorge, Senior Member on 21st August 2014, 01:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I rooted it using IOroot last night, factory reset this thing and now it says that. Anyone have any idea why?

21st August 2014, 09:15 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,716

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcdesirezgeorge

I rooted it using IOroot last night, factory reset this thing and now it says that. Anyone have any idea why?

If all you did was root the phone and factory reset then no idea. You didn't freeze anything or mod the phone in any way?

- Tapatalked from the G3
21st August 2014, 09:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I actually froze a bunch of LG stuff because I didn't like them... Apparently I froze LGSetupWizard or uninstalled it and now I am sitting with a shiny new brick. Hopefully I can unbrick it when I get home; tried at work and the flash tool wouldnt see the device so I was stuck at the log in screen.
21st August 2014, 10:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcdesirezgeorge

I actually froze a bunch of LG stuff because I didn't like them... Apparently I froze LGSetupWizard or uninstalled it and now I am sitting with a shiny new brick. Hopefully I can unbrick it when I get home; tried at work and the flash tool wouldnt see the device so I was stuck at the log in screen.

Yea you will have to put the phone into download mode and use the LG Flash Tool to flash the .TOT. I had a similar problem after I tried to edit the build.prop (less than 24 hours with the phone and had just finished setting everything up...) and since the file is so large Root Explorer can't open the whole thing and saved an incomplete build.prop. Couldn't get through the setup wizard either after factory reset so had to flash the .TOT.
21st May 2015, 10:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEbigSWEEN

Yea you will have to put the phone into download mode and use the LG Flash Tool to flash the .TOT. I had a similar problem after I tried to edit the build.prop (less than 24 hours with the phone and had just finished setting everything up...) and since the file is so large Root Explorer can't open the whole thing and saved an incomplete build.prop. Couldn't get through the setup wizard either after factory reset so had to flash the .TOT.

can someone please help me i have an lg g3 d851 (tmobile). i just got this phone like 3 weeks ago and rooted it..i think i used lg one click root . about a week ago i started having problems with my wifi where some apps would connect and work fine but other apps would not connect. i decided to factory reset (since i didn't have anything on the phone anyway) and when it booted back up i went through the setup process and at the last screen it fails and says "Unfortunately LGsetupwizard has stopped working." and it takes me back to the first screen. I have no idea what to do should i take it to tmobile will they fix it or should i try one of the methods above? if so which method should i do? i dont reallty remember but i think i deleted t mobile my account and google play musi and google play books
22nd May 2015, 01:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Try over in the t- mobile lg g3 area: http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-lg-g3

For Verizon we have options to flash a .tot or a .kdz file. Your phone likely has the same options, but you should look in the area with the right carrier- specific info.

Good luck, it's a great phone!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread