Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

can it be unlocked ??

OP mywingtophone

28th August 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #1  
mywingtophone's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
someone is selling me an unlocked verizon g3 , will this work with ATT network including the LTE signal ? I thought there is currently no unlock for verizon g3? Can someone enlighten me this?
28th August 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #2  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,520
 
3,492 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywingtophone

someone is selling me an unlocked verizon g3 , will this work with ATT network including the LTE signal ? I thought there is currently no unlock for verizon g3? Can someone enlighten me this?

When most people say "unlocked" concerning phones, they mean carrier unlocked, not that the phone has an unlocked bootloader. You are correct in that there is currently no bootloader unlock the Verizon G3, but all Verizon LTE phones are carrier unlocked as per their deal with the FCC.

All the GSM bands on AT&T are supported, but not all LTE bands. LTE band 4 is supported, because that's same band as the 700mhz AWS spectrum Verizon bought (and is now advertising as "XLTE"). I wouldn't know how to tell or if you even can tell what band(s) of LTE that AT&T is using in your areas.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #3  
mywingtophone's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

When most people say "unlocked" concerning phones, they mean carrier unlocked, not that the phone has an unlocked bootloader. You are correct in that there is currently no bootloader unlock the Verizon G3, but all Verizon LTE phones are carrier unlocked as per their deal with the FCC.

All the GSM bands on AT&T are supported, but not all LTE bands. LTE band 4 is supported, because that's same band as the 700mhz AWS spectrum Verizon bought (and is now advertising as "XLTE"). I wouldn't know how to tell or if you even can tell what band(s) of LTE that AT&T is using in your areas.

heres the bands used by ATT can u please tell me if its compatible with verizon ? Thanks

4G-LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17, and 29

4G HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

UMTS/HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
28th August 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #4  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,520
 
3,492 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mywingtophone

heres the bands used by ATT can u please tell me if its compatible with verizon ? Thanks

4G-LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17, and 29

4G HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

UMTS/HSPA+ 850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

2,4,5,7,17 according to an article about LG posting the D850 to the FCC.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Two-p...he-FCC_id56298
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes