Lost comm with phone too often

Search This thread

grenness

Dec 19, 2008
Oslo
I 've had the Urbane for three weeks now, and I'm pretty pleased* with the watch except for a major problem:
I keep seeing that "cloud with a line through it" icon on top of the watch face way to often.
I'm actually looking at it right now - I'm at work, my Urbane is on my left wrist, and my phone is on the desk 20 centimeters away.
Since I haven't heard many others complaining about this, I'm suspecting the problem to be on the phone side - this is a "China phone", an Elephone P3000S (64bit, 3GB RAM) that I bought quickly as a cheap, but (on paper) good spec'd replacement for my broken Sony Z1 Compact.
But nevertheless, I thought I'd asked here if anyone else are experiencing the same?
I've factory reset the watch, I often reboot it, I reboot the phone even more often, and most of the time connection is re-established but lasts only for maybe 15 minutes up to several hours. I have disabled wifi on the watch to see if that improves things - initially I thought maybe it did (as long as I kept the phone nearby, of course), but after a while it seems it's not the case.

Anyone have any other tips? ...Before I replace the phone? :)

Thanks,
Christopher
*: of course I would prefer a brighter screen (when needed, i.e. outdoors), light sensor, better battery capacity, ...

Pietje_1985

Apr 14, 2007
Almere, The Netherlands
I 've had the Urbane for three weeks now, and I'm pretty pleased* with the watch except for a major problem:
I keep seeing that "cloud with a line through it" icon on top of the watch face way to often.
I'm actually looking at it right now - I'm at work, my Urbane is on my left wrist, and my phone is on the desk 20 centimeters away.
Since I haven't heard many others complaining about this, I'm suspecting the problem to be on the phone side - this is a "China phone", an Elephone P3000S (64bit, 3GB RAM) that I bought quickly as a cheap, but (on paper) good spec'd replacement for my broken Sony Z1 Compact.
But nevertheless, I thought I'd asked here if anyone else are experiencing the same?
I've factory reset the watch, I often reboot it, I reboot the phone even more often, and most of the time connection is re-established but lasts only for maybe 15 minutes up to several hours. I have disabled wifi on the watch to see if that improves things - initially I thought maybe it did (as long as I kept the phone nearby, of course), but after a while it seems it's not the case.

Anyone have any other tips? ...Before I replace the phone? :)

Thanks,
Christopher
*: of course I would prefer a brighter screen (when needed, i.e. outdoors), light sensor, better battery capacity, ...

Try to find out what Bluetooth version the phone has.

Guys,

Having the same problem as well..... I'm using a Nexus 6 with Bluetooth 4.1 which is also not so far away from my watch all the time..... Really don't know what's going on.... :rolleyes:

jeffc83

Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia "burbs"
I don't have an Urbane watch (yet) but ran into this issue myself....I downgraded Android Wear on my phone back to 1..0.5 to fix my problem. To get the apk I am using now, see the link below. Before that, my watch would constantly disconnect from the phone for no reason. Best of luck to you all! The Urbane is the BEST looking smart watch out there IMO!

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...roid-wear-1-0-5-1724356-android-apk-download/

Denvertoad

Sep 5, 2010
Guys,

Having the same problem as well..... I'm using a Nexus 6 with Bluetooth 4.1 which is also not so far away from my watch all the time..... Really don't know what's going on.... :rolleyes:

Same here. N6 running CM12.1. Bluetooth works perfectly with car, around home, other devices. I've tried every setting I can think of. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

jss42

Jul 16, 2007
Ottawa
Have you tried enabling/disabling the wireless syncing option? I had similar initial issues, had to factory reset and I disabled Wireless Syncing (and deleted the cloud data).
I then setup the phone again and didn't enable wireless sync for a few hours so I knew the phone was setup and working only using Bluetooth.
I knew something was wrong as once the wireless Sync was disabled and the cloud info deleted, my watch said it had lost connection to the phone and I had to factory reset it (even through Bluetooth was enabled still).

khyasad

Sep 8, 2007
Same here ... I have an LG G3 running Lollipop with an LG Watch Urbane running v5.1.1 This is to replce my LG Watch R but these connectivity issues every 10 seconds is highly frustrating ... Looking forward to a permanent fix on this thread ...

jss42

Jul 16, 2007
Ottawa
I'm starting to see the same thing, no issue while both are on WiFi, but without WiFi my watch is constantly disconnecting. Normally rebooting the watch seems to fix the issue, but really hope this gets fixed soon.

TheSanitarium

Apr 14, 2006
Bursa
If I get away from my phone watch disconnects, thats normal. But when I get close to phone again, it doesn't connect automatically, or connects too late. Is that normal? This is so annoying.

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
well im all good not had that at all i get about 25 foot then loose bt soon as im back in 25 foot im good
i have a edge

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
I have an SGS6 Edge and it is slow connecting. I've found it will connect instantly if I turn BT off and back on.

Pietje_1985

Apr 14, 2007
Almere, The Netherlands
Seems like my problems are solved for the most part. Doesn't disconnect that often anymore. Could be because of recent update to Android 5.1.1 on my Nexus 6 and I factory resetted my urbane! Lookin' good now!!

How about you guys?

IberianPrince

Jan 2, 2013
London
I have a Nexus 6P, and the disconnecting with my Urbane is beyond annoying. I'm starting to think that, despite the looks of the Urbane, the watch itself is a pile of poo. :(

utazdevl

Jan 9, 2016
Same issue here. Phone and watch constantly disconnect. If I walk 10 feet from my phone, it disconnects and doesn't reconnect when I come back within range of the bluetooth.

Pleased to report, though, that I went into Settings>Apps>Android Wear and cleared the cache and the phone has been reconnection pretty well. I have the LG V10 and the G3 before that and have found that you have the clear the cache on bluetooth connections every once in a while, and then things start to work smooth again.

Hope this helps someone out there.

karlkarloff

Jan 2, 2011
Boone, North Carolina
I have been having the same problem since I got my new Nexus 6P. On my old phone, an Asus Zenfone 2, I would hardly ever lose connection. I might drop connection once a day. With my new phone, its about once an hour if I'm lucky. I just did a factory reset of both the phone and watch this evening, and so far it seems to have helped but I'm not going to call it fixed yet until I make a whole day without losing connection.

For what its worth, there are tons of people who are saying the BT on the N6P is boned, as well as a ton of people saying the same thing about the Urbane.

ziffos

Aug 18, 2008
East Coast of UK
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and have both Bluetooth and Wifi connected to my LG Urbane however:-
If I go away from phone - within my own house AND well within Wifi range - it LOSES connections to BOTH Bluetooth and Wifi. (Bluetooth I can understand but how come it is losing connection to Wifi)?
Anyone got any answers please?