Alcatel One Touch 995 Ultra
|Alcatel One Touch 995 Ultra|
Alcatel One Touch 995
This is a common "below ₤200" android device manufactured by Alcatel-TCT (TCT), distributed through various operators in most countries in Europe, Asia and America. Some countries get it without operator support where handset market matured into carrier-less distribution. Such as Turkey and Russia.
With a 1.4GHz ARMv7 Scorpion CPU, 512MB RAM, and 4.3" 480x800 display present as a great price/value phone for most people. The phone comes with Android 2.3.6, and ICS is promised for this September. But this promise has gotten off the table, because the phone hasn't been updated in the given date. This caused an international uproar and Alcatel One Touch profile pages in Facebook is overrun by frustrated comments. Since then, Facebook profiles, especially the French Profile started removing comments and also banning some users which are talking about the frustration.
Russian phone owners got an ICS update in the first week of October with a new boot-loader.
Rooting this phone and installing ClockworkMod Recovery allows one to use custom ROMs in their device. But for the ICS roms, which emerged only in Russia a fixed version of ClockworkMod Recovery required due to the changes in Mach type.
- 1400MHz ARMv7
- 512MB RAM
- HSDPA 14.4 MBps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, compass, brightness
- Primary camera 5MP (2216 x 2216) with LED Flash and AutoFocus, supports Geo-tagging
- Secondary camera 0.3MPx (640x480) VGA only supports internet based Video calling through 3rd party applications.
- TFT capacitive touchscreen, cappable to display 16M colors, 480x800 pixels, 4.3 inches (~217 ppi pixel density), Two-finger touchscreen support
- microSD card support up to 32GB
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP (Bluetooth 3.0)
- Connection with PC via microUSB v2.0
- 3.5 mm Stereo Headset jack
- Micro HDMI Jack
- 'DLNA support.
- Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread)and 4.04 (ICS, upgradable)
- NFC (to be enabled in the following updates)