|HTC Droid Eris|
aka HTC Droid Eris / HTC Desire / HTC Eris
Verizon Wireless's Droid Eris (Formerly HTC Desire) is the 2nd in the series of "Droid" phones issued to the mobile smartphone market by Verizon Wireless. It has been considered the "little brother" of the Motorola Droid which is spec'd with improved hardware and software. When released the Eris shipped with Android 1.5 but in March 2010 there was an Over-the-Air (OTA) upgrade to Android 2.1 pushed out to all users. Detailed technical specifications can be found in the Detailed Specifications section of this wiki.
A modified version of the Hero, the HTC Droid Eris, was released on the Verizon Wireless network on November 6, 2009. The Verizon Wireless version, unlike the Sprint and GSM versions, features a proximity sensor. The Eris was succeeded by HTC's Droid Incredible in 2010.
The Droid Eris came with Android 1.5 & HTC Sense UI. Later in May-June Eris 1.5 Users received Android 2.1 Éclair. This Device is most likely unsupported from here on in the future due to new devices in Verizon's collection. The device is still being developed for constantly on XDA Developers Forum
November 6th, 2009 - Droid Eris is launched on Verizon's network along with the Motorola Droid.
March 2010 - 2.1 Éclair is leaked by a source named 'RiverRunner", later found to be zifnab06 (part of Team AndIRC) via XDA Developer Forum. Users who flashed this were unable to root their device with the 1.5 Bootloader exploit found soon after.
March-April 2010 - A pre-rooted signed ROM is found and leaked by Team AndIRC @ irc.andirc.net.
May 2010 - Android 2.2 Froyo is built from Source/SDK Resources by XDA Member/Developer punk.kaos
June 2010 - A Race condition is discovered as a rooting method for Eris users who flashed the leak in March. This method did not have a high success rate.
July 2010 - The root method for Evo is highly successful and used in rooting all users who were running the leak build from March.
December 2010 - Android 2.3 Gingerbread is built from Source/SDK Resources by XDA Member/Developer punk.kaos
- Operating System: Google Android (Cupcake) 1.5 (Stock) Google Android (Eclair) 2.1 (OTA Update)
- Processor: Qualcomm® MSM7600™, 528MHz
- Internal Memory: 512MB ROM / 288MB RAM
- Display: 3.2-inch 320 x 480 HVGA Resolution Capacitive Touch Screen
- Technology: CDMA: Dual-band 800/1900MHz, CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO rev. A
- Email: Support for Office Outlook Mobile® and Microsoft Exchange® with Direct Push
- Dimensions: 4.45” (L) x 2.19” (W) x .51” (T)
- Weight: 4.23 ounces
- Battery: 1300 mAh Li-ion
- Talk time: 214 min
- Standby: 373 hrs (Times are subject to network and phone usage)
- Speakerphone: YES
- Built-in Camera: 5.0 MP w/ Auto Focus
- Audio/Video: MIDI, M4A, QCP, AMR, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, WMA, MP3, EVRC-B, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV
- I/O Interface: Bluetooth® 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for stereo wireless headsets, WiFi®: IEEE 802.11b/g
- Expansion: microSD™ memory card slot
- Device Navigation: Ultra slim bar type phone with capacitive touch display, end/power button, send, home, menu, back/clear button, search, volume keys, TrackBall
- Antenna: Internal antenna
- In-Box Content: Phone, 8GB SD Card, Standard Battery (1300mAh), A/C Charger, USB Cable, Quick Start Guide (link to UM), Safety Brochure, Warranty Card
Don't know what to do next? Here's a list of instructions for getting things done on your Eris.
- How to Root - Root for leak/OTA/stock 1.5
- How to Root - Stock v1.5 or 2.1 OTA Eris only
- How to Un-Root (get back to 100% factory default)
- How to flash Recovery Image
- How to copy a ROM to your Eris
- How to backup or recover via Nandroid
- How to backup or recover via BART
- How to verify if A2SD is working correctly
- How to measure the MFLOPs performance of your Eris