SE Xperia X10
|SE Xperia X10|
|Model Number: See Page|
Official Website: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/xperiax10
XDA-Developers Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=614
- Review by Engadget.com
- Android on a whopping screen - is Sony Ericsson back in the game? by Techradar
- Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 review: Larger than life GSMArena
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mobile Phone Review SiliconPopCulture
- Unlocked Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 spces Review m2cmobile
- French reviews at Frandroid,Presse-Citron and Journal du Geek
- German Reviews Inside Handy
- Spanish Reviews Tuexperto,Engadget Spain and Microsiervos
- Norwegian reviews Android-King from Sony Ericsson, Sony Ericsson's Flagship, Sony Ericsson's first Android phone is nothing but a bright debut and Telenor
- Size: 119.0 x 63.0 x 13.0 mm / 4.7 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches
- Weight: 135.0 g / 4.8 oz
- Screen: 4.0 inches,480 x 854 pixels WVGA 65,536-color TFT touchscreen
- Available colours: Sensuous Black, Luster White
- Memory microSD up to 32GB, 16GB / 8GB included
- Phone memory 1GB
- Networks: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS/HSPA 900/1700/2100 (Xperia X10i), UMTS/HSPA 800/850/1900/2100 (Xperia X10a)
- Camera: Camera - 8.1 Megapixel, Digital Zoom - up to 16x, Auto focus, Face recognition, Image stabiliser, Flash / light type - Photo light, Video recording, Video light, Geo-tagging, Smile detection
- Music: TrackID, Media Player, Album art, Bluetooth; stereo (A2DP), PlayNow;, Music tones - MP3, AAC
- Web: Pan & zoom, Bookmarks, Google; search, Web feeds, Web browser - WebKit,
- Entertainment: Media, 3D games, YouTube, Video streaming, Video Clip, Sony Ericsson Mediascape
- Connectivity: Micro USB connector, 3.5 mm audio jack, Wisepilot turn-by-turn navigation, aGPS, Google Maps™, Bluetooth, USB support, WiFi,Compass
- Messaging: Conversations, Email, Text messaging (SMS), Picture messaging (MMS), Predictive text input
- Communication: Twitter - Timescape integration, Facebook application, Speakerphone, Vibrating Alert, Sony Ericsson Timescape
- Design: Keyboard - Onscreen AZERTY/QWERTY, Auto rotate, Picture wallpaper
- Organiser: Touchscreen, Alarm clock, Calendar, Calculator, Flight mode, Phone book, Infinite button
Bootloader has been successfully BYPASSED NOT CRACKED. Numerous custom ROMs and kernels are available however the kernels are for testing purposes only.
As of the 6th of July 2011, the_laser and maxrfon on xda found a bug in the qualcomm mcu bootrom RSA signature verification. This means the bootloader is cracked, however, not available to the public as of yet.
- XDA-Developers Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Android Development
- Finally root for the X10 has been achieved. It can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711907. The root at this time is a very unconventional one and devs are working hard to figure out more conventional ways of rooting the X10.
- Simple root - install only one apk: X10 root.apk, it gives you super user permissions and is reversable with universal androot link:  (attachment "Standalone X10 root.apk v. 1.06" in the first post). Other apks that reportedly work are z4root 1.3.apk and Gingerbreak.
Other rooting options for Gingerbread (all PC-based, for official SE GB-OTA 2.3.3) are Root_Unroot_Sony (single button-script, more here http://knowmydroid.com/blog/root-your-android-handset-in-just-a-single-click), and SuperOneClick.
- Note: The X10a (the AT&T X10) cannot be rooted with the above methods; see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1012380 instead.
after installing get superuser.apk and download "busybox installer" from market to have full shell options.
ROMS & Firmwares
- Firmware Repository
- 4.1 CyanogenMod 10 CM10 ROM - scritch007
- 4.0 ROM - zdzihu
- 2.3 ROM - THGo2
- 2.3 ROM - Wolfbreak's
- 2.3 ROM - FreeXperia Sony UI CM7
- 2.3.5 ROM - erenz1202's
- 2.3.4 ROM - X10S by:Team XSonX10
- To be continued... visit X10's Development forum to find them all
Fixes, Hints & Tips
- (2.1 rom) JIT installation which makes phone faster: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9000241&postcount=91
- Access to Testing Menu - with carrier connection info and , the preffered type of network (2G/3G) can be set (option "wcdma preferred, wcdma only, gsm only") :
Open Dialer and punch in the following code * # * # 4636 # * # *
- Access to Service Menu - where every aspect of phone can be tested (screen, compass, gps, and so on)
In the Lock Screen Press the buttons below : Menu, Back, Back, Menu, Back, Menu, Menu, Back
- Enter Safe Mode : Reboot the Phone, and when the Phone vibrates, press the Volume Down Key
Kernel /sys/ settings in 1.6
Several configuration values and switches are available from /sys/ subsystem. These can be used probably only after obtaining root. They are accessible via Terminal or ssh, or can be used as commands for Tasker with "Locale Execute" plugin.
Leds and backglight
/sys/class/backlight/ledc:mbl/brightness values 0-20, screen brightness
/sys/class/backlight/ledc:kbl/brightness values 0-20, keyboard led brightness
/sys/class//leds/ledc:fled/brightness values 0-20, camera flash led brightness
values for setting color of information led:
/sys/class/leds/ledc:rgb1:red/brightness - red
/sys/class/leds/ledc:rgb1:green/brightness - green
/sys/class/leds/ledc:rgb1:blue/brightness - blue
These values can be used in combination to achieve certain color, this for example sets pink led color:
echo 15 > /sys/class/leds/ledc:rgb1:red/brightness
echo 2 > /sys/class/leds/ledc:rgb1:green/brightness
echo 3 > /sys/class/leds/ledc:rgb1:blue/brightness
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity - read only, battery capacity in percent, for example "60"
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/status - read only, text status of battery, for example: “not charging”