Samsung Galaxy R/GT-I9103
|Samsung Galaxy R|
Error creating thumbnail: File seems to be missing:
- 1 Introduction
- 2 XDA-Developers Forums for the Phone
- 3 Guides, How-Tos & Tutorials
- 4 Stock Firmwares for the Galaxy R (GB + ICS)
- 5 Custom Kernel's & Custom ROM's for Galaxy R
- 6 Custom Recoveries for Galaxy R
The Samsung Galaxy R i9103 (a.k.a Galaxy Royale) is an Android Smartphone that packs in a lot of features and is the first handset from Samsung to use the Nvidia Tegra chipset. This LIMITED EDITION Android smartphone has a 1GHz Dual core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor with ULP GeForce GPU(octa-core)which has a rich audio-video codecs support for multimedia playback. It provides console quality gaming experience & enjoyable multimedia playback on its 4.23" bright SC-LCD screen. It has a pretty sleek profile at 9.5mm thickness which is graced by a premium brushed metallic finish on its back. The Wolfson WM8994 Audio DAC provides one of the best audio playback quality. The device provides an above average battery backup & an excellent standby time.
XDA-Developers Forums for the Phone
The sub-forums on XDA Dev are located here.
There are four sub-forums under it:
- Galaxy R i9103 General
- Galaxy R i9103 Android Development
- Galaxy R i9103 Themes and Apps
- Galaxy R i9103 Accessories
- Galaxy R i9103 Q&A
Guides, How-Tos & Tutorials
- Read This Before You Post In Any Section - Read this first if you are new to Galaxy R Forum.
- Newbie Guide for Galaxy R Explains a lot of Android terminology, specs for the Galaxy R, FAQs, Tweaks etc.
- About Kernel-based CPU Governors Explains the benefits of the numerous CPU Governor types within Android. These can be set from within apps such as SetCPU and ROM Toolbox, altering the ramp-up/down behavior of the CPU.
- Installing CWM and Rooting) Provides information and step-by-step guides on installing a custom Recovery, making your first Nandroid Backup, and obtaining Root on your Handset.
- Flashing ICS for first Time A complete guide detailing the upgrade process, plus detection of bad eMMC with changelog.
- Rooting Galaxy R Running on ICS A step-by-step guide to obtaining Root access on ICS.
- Swap internal memory with external in GB Step-by-step guide to 'swapping' the internal/external memories under a custom Recovery for GB-based handsets.
- Swap internal memory with external in ICS Step-by-step guide to 'swapping' the internal/external memories under a custom Recovery for ICS-based handsets.
- Flashing Stock Roms via Odin A step-by-step guide to using the ODIN program to install a Samsung-provided, factory-fresh ROM to your device.
- Recovering from the 'Yellow Triangle' A step-by-step guide to using a USB Jig (sold separately) to reset your 'flash' counter to zero, and recover from the dreaded 'yellow triangle'.
- Unbrick your Galaxy R An advanced procedure for recovering your handset from a catastrophic failure, also known as a brick.
- Change Bootanimation A step-by-step guide to changing your boot-up animation to a custom one, with several options provided.
How-Tos & Tutorials
- Making your OWN CUSTOM ROM - How to Create your own customized ROM from a stock base, using a 'kitchen'.
- Using UOT Kitchen - How to the use of a 'UOT kitchen' to modify a stock Framework.
- DEODEX stock ODEXED ROM - How to DEODEX stock ODEXED ROM.
- AROMA INSTALLER in any ROM - How to use AROMA INSTALLER in any ROM.
- CWM recovery flash able zip - How to make cwm recovery flashable zip.
Stock Firmwares for the Galaxy R (GB + ICS)
Custom Kernel's & Custom ROM's for Galaxy R
Kernel's Based on ICS:
Kernel's Based on GB:
ROM's Based on ICS:
ROM's Based on GB: