Samsung Galaxy S II
(Redirected from Samsung Galaxy S II/GT-I9100)
|Samsung Galaxy S II|
|Model Number: GT-I9100|
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Full Name: Galaxy S II GT-I9100
- Processor: Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, Mali-400MP GPU, Exynos 4210 chipset
- Operating System: Google Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) with Touchwiz 4.0
- upgradable to Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with Touchwiz
- 16 GB internal
- 1 GB RAM
- MicroSD 2.0 Expansion slot
- Dimensions: 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 116 gr
- Type: Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 480 x 800 pixels, 4.27 inches (~217 ppi pixel density)
- Gorilla glass display
- Multi-touch input method
- Bluetooth® 3.0 with EDR,A2DP,AVRCP
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB Port
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- NFC Capability (Korean Variants)
- Camera: 8 megapixel color with autofocus, LED flash, 1080p@30fps recording
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Data: CSD/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA
- More: Detailed specs
Need screen protector? Which, if so?
Summary of manufacturers recommended in the same thread :
- SGP Ultra Optics
- SGP Ultra Crystal (3 positive reports). Very clear and responsive, but attracts fingerprints which are visible under bright light or when screen turned off--but hardly in a room light.
- SGP Ultra Oleophobic (protects from oil--but very visible fingerprints)
- FOLIX antireflective screen protector: makes the visibility of the screen in direct sunlight a charm (esp. in nav-mode!)
- Martin Fields : "best one of many alternatives tried". They do get a bit greasy but the fit and quality is brilliant. Been using them for years and the fit/quality is excellent.
- Good in everything except that looks full of fingerprints all the time when the screen is off.
- Superbly crystal clear but it was not really durable (in scratch resistance, it's only a bit better than those cheap plastic); a fingerprint & grease magnet.
- Steinheil protectors: "the best by far"
- Terrapin screen guard: "just put it, would recommend"
- 3M Estoc: "using now"
- 3M Vikuiti ADQC27: perfect fit; invisible and nicely antireflective. But more resistance sliding your finger over the screen.
Not recommended there:
- Case Mate: suffers from rainbow effect a lot.
- Invisible Shield: makes your finger harder to move on the screen