Rearrangement of Main page: 2012
- The current main page is far too long, I will be removing the majority of the devices and putting them into sub-pages (in the same manner as Legacy Devices)
- I'm open for suggestion on what manufacturers to leave behind, my current list is:
- Amazon (in theory, but will not actually be listed as there are no device pages)
- Barnes & Noble
- Hewlett Packard
- Nokia in theory, but will not actually be listed as there are no device pages)
- Sony/Sony Ericsson
- The criteria that I used:
- Amazon and B&N are major android competetiors in the ~7" market
- Asus/HTC/LG/Motorola/Samsung make up the bulk (with the exception of LG) of the worldwide market, and all manufacture/have manufactured devices directly supported by google.
- HP due solely to the touchpad
- If you believe your device manufacturer should be on the main page, but not on the above list, please provide a good reason here
- For devices not listed, their logo will be left up top to direct users to unlisted manufacturers.
- I wont be actually doing so until I have revamped the manufacturer device galleries.
- Comments, critisms are welcome -TheManii 15:28, 17 November 2012 (CST)
- Process mostly complete, have yet to tackle the most complex groups (HTC and samsung)
- The new layout makes device manufacturers more prominent, which is a plus for minor device makers
- It also (is going to) will give the most popular devices more emphesis as less popular devices are simply not listed on the front page anymore.
- It's still in process of being finished -TheManii 20:12, 17 November 2012 (CST)
Rearrangement of Main page: 2013
- At a future point, the main page will be pruned, a preview to this can been seen at [Main Page 32880 → 32943]
- The criteria for listing pages after the pruning will be:
- It has it's own forum on xda
- It is not in the legacy/low activity section of the xda forums
- Any devices that are not do not meet both points 1 and 2 will be removed from the main page
- Any device families that have active forums are allowed on the main page until ALL devices in the family are no longer active forums
- If a device is shifted from <Not listed> ↔ <has an active forum> ↔ <has a legacy/low activity forum>, the main page shall reflect that
- Devices are always welcome to be added to their respective manufacturer pages regardless of status on the XDA forums
- Comments are welcome -TheManii (talk) 20:45, 5 December 2013 (EST)