Rearrangement of Main page: 2012
- The current main page is far too long, I will be removing the majority of the devices and putting them into sub-pages (in the same manner as Legacy Devices)
- I'm open for suggestion on what manufacturers to leave behind, my current list is:
- Amazon (in theory, but will not actually be listed as there are no device pages)
- Barnes & Noble
- Hewlett Packard
- Nokia in theory, but will not actually be listed as there are no device pages)
- Sony/Sony Ericsson
- The criteria that I used:
- Amazon and B&N are major android competetiors in the ~7" market
- Asus/HTC/LG/Motorola/Samsung make up the bulk (with the exception of LG) of the worldwide market, and all manufacture/have manufactured devices directly supported by google.
- HP due solely to the touchpad
- If you believe your device manufacturer should be on the main page, but not on the above list, please provide a good reason here
- For devices not listed, their logo will be left up top to direct users to unlisted manufacturers.
- I wont be actually doing so until I have revamped the manufacturer device galleries.
- Comments, critisms are welcome -TheManii 15:28, 17 November 2012 (CST)
- Process mostly complete, have yet to tackle the most complex groups (HTC and samsung)
- The new layout makes device manufacturers more prominent, which is a plus for minor device makers
- It also (is going to) will give the most popular devices more emphesis as less popular devices are simply not listed on the front page anymore.
- It's still in process of being finished -TheManii 20:12, 17 November 2012 (CST)
Rearrangement of Main page: 2013
- At a future point, the main page will be pruned, a preview to this can been seen at [Main Page 32880 → 32943]
- The criteria for listing pages after the pruning will be:
- It has it's own forum on xda
- It is not in the legacy/low activity section of the xda forums
- Any devices that are not do not meet both points 1 and 2 will be removed from the main page
- Any device families that have active forums are allowed on the main page until ALL devices in the family are no longer active forums
- If a device is shifted from <Not listed> ↔ <has an active forum> ↔ <has a legacy/low activity forum>, the main page shall reflect that
- Devices are always welcome to be added to their respective manufacturer pages regardless of status on the XDA forums
- Comments are welcome -TheManii (talk) 20:45, 5 December 2013 (EST)
I have rooted my device XOLO Q800X-Edition ....installed busy box ....terminal
I want to spoof my mac address tried with android terminal with both IPLINK and IPCONFIG ..... for both its is showing Applet not found error .....I tried with different mac spoofer apps not changing
PHONE specs are ... Android 4.2.1 KERNEL Version 3.4.5 SW Version -XOLO_Q800X_S010_20131207 HW Version - Q800X_Mainboard_P2
BUSYBOX -JRummy ANDROID TERMINAL
I have rooted my iball slide 7236 2g and i want to instal jellybean 4.3 on it..plz help do this
S4 download mode
hi, i'm trying to fix my friend's samsung galaxy s4 by reflashing it's stock rom but when i try to boot in download mode (by holding power, wolume down and home buttons) it just boots ormally untill it gets stuck on samsung logo (it's bricked) what's the matter with download mode??
unable to unlock bootloader of htc one x+
i express my inconvenience to unlock my HOX+ bootloader while fastboot flash its telling like failed<status read failed<too many links>>. so what possible remedies i can have.. please reply.