Go for it Chap
Is there a list or categories? Sorry I just get caught up in transferring stuff and didnt even notice the reminder at the top of the page. Sd73ta 19:26, 25 August 2010 (CDT) Yes see the category index on the left hand side or look at Help:Categories for an explanation of how it roughly hangs together. Most pages will just be [[HTC ModelName]] but if you look at Category:Article Topics I am grouping common subject pages together too.
I would categorise that page with 2 categories "HTC Universal" and "Unlocking Procedures" because it is about the universal and contains information about unlocking the device, I don't think there are many/any other pages on upgrading the memory in other devices, so I would not add Category of "Memory Upgrade Procedures" because with only one page it is of limited value as a category.
As for a ROM or Radio Category I am not quite sure where that fits in to that page, as the main topics seem to be about unlocking it or upgrading the memory in it.
- * Update - I think you posted the wrong example link - I think you were actually asking about Universal_ROMS_Radios - I would categorise this as "ROM Upgrades" and "Cooked ROMs"
Categories are about grouping together pages on a common subject, I.E something that is documented in the wiki for multiple devices, Reset Procedures, Unlocking Procedures, Registry Tweaks etc.
I hope this helps explain it a little better Nathanlock 16:33, 26 August 2010 (CDT)
Ah, I see you had a go with the Universal Resets page - you were almost correct!
- You need to use square brackets not curly brackets (they are used for templates)
- it is common practice for categories to go at the bottom of the page
- don't forget to add a category for the device it is about
- see the example below
Nathanlock 16:41, 26 August 2010 (CDT)
I have added categories to all the universal related pages you created today, go and take a look at the bottom of each those pages to see examples of how I have categorised them.
- Thanks for that it helped alot to see them on the correct pages [[with the correct brackets]]. And I did post the wrong link earlier you were right. Ill give the categories a shot tomorrow Sd73ta 21:01, 26 August 2010 (CDT)