How to Backup your ROM using bootloader and SD-Card....
The foremost and most important thing to do when upgrading or downgrading your Pocket PCs ROM is by backing it up on an empty SD Card using the bootloader method.
- Enter Wallaby Bootloader (hold on/off key then press the soft-reset button)
- When a "GSM OK" message appear, simply click on the contact button, and it will bring you to a menu that looks like this:
- Boot -> SD
- CE -> SD
- Boot+CE -> SD
- Select the option Boot+CE ->SD
- Press the action button (rocker key under you units display screen) to start backing up your ROM to your SD card.
- When your systems is done backing up, exit and remove the SD card from your Pocket PC
- Insert it to your SD reader/writer in order to transfer the currently backed-up ROM and Bootloader file to your Personal Computer using the XDATools.
- Extract the XDATools to your PC.
- Open a commandline and change to the directory where the XDATools have been extracted to (btw. the OsImageTool is located)
- Backup your ROM using the command: "osimagetool -r localsdcard -w rombackup.nbf"
- Now your ROM is saved to your disk....