Nathan Lock has developed a category structure for the site, the full details of which can be found at Help:Categories
Anyone can help with this project, it is easy to get involved and is divided in to two tasks
Adding Categories to pages
- Click on this special link uncategorised pages list
- The easiest to do are the device related pages, most will probably be the same
- edit the page and at the bottom add [[Category:HTC_MODELNAME]] where Model name is the device name e.g HTC_Hermes
- tick the minor edit button and add a comment +cat HTC_MODELNAME
Creating the Actual Category pages
There are two ways to do this:-
- Click on this special link Wanted Categories or click on any red coloured category (this means it currently does not exist).
- Write a brief line of text about the category, e.g. "Pages relating to the HTC Hermes"
- if it is a phone page add [[Category:Phones]] and [[Category:MANUFACTURER_Phones]] e.g HTC_Phones
- if it is anything else just leave it for the moment - we can sort those out in phase 2
That should be enough to get you started, if you need help leave me a message on my user talk page User_talk:Nathanlock