SE Xperia X10 Mini/Apps/Deleting
The Mini and Mini Pro come preloaded with some applications that have no use. Some games are demo applications that just take up some space. Here is listed what can be safely removed.
Removing applications preloaded with the phone can only be done on an rooted phone. It's a good thing to make a backup of applications that will be removed. This can be done with the following commands:
$ mkdir /sdcard/app-backup $ su - # busybox cp /system/app/*.apk /sdcard/app-backup
Now move the files from '/system/app' to '/data/app' with the following commands:
$ su - # mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system # busybox mv /system/app/application_name.apk /data/app
When your finished and before reboting do
$ su - # busybox rm -rf /data/data/com.android.vending
Witch will reset the Market application.
After rebooting, the applications can be uninstalled in the usual way from the application list.
If some applications keep reappearing after removal, check
- rollercoaster.apk (Game)
- californiagoldrush.app (Game)
- peggle.apk (Game)
- edge.apk (Game)
- quadrapop.apk (Game)
- wisepilot.apk (GPS software have to subscribe only trial 30days)
- roadsync.apk (Synchronization with Microsoft Exchange)
- neoreader.apk (Bar code reader - uninstall and download new version free if you need it)
- moxiermail.apk (Similar program as roadsync.apk)
- officelauncher.apk, officeupdateservice.apk (Mobile Systems OfficeSuite trial version)
- EManual.apk (Sony Ericsson E-manual)
- usersupport.apk (Same info available online)
- facebook.apk (Facebook app - can be removed and installed again from Android market)
Remove if you don't use
- playnow (Sony Ericsson own Music & Apps store, if removed no Playnow store)
- Timescape (Sony Ericsson contacts layer)
- JapaneseIME.apk (Japanese text input, if removed NO japanese input)
- chinesetextinput.apk (Chinese text input, if removed NO chinese input)
- PC companion (Installs PC companion software on a computer without the need to download it from internet, if removed this option is gone)
- Telenor_Wrapper.apk (This is for Telenor subscribers so if you remove it will you have problems if you later will subscribe to Telenor network).
- ReadyToRun.apk (Shows sms on first time run with new SIM card)