Yuandao Window N90 II
|Window N90 II|
|Model Number: See Page|
- The Yuandao (Window) - 9.7" N90 II dual core 2 features a Rockchip RK3066 processor clocked at 1.6 GHz with an integrated quad core mali400 GPU, Bluetooth, Ext 3G compatible, WIFI
- Window N90 II tablets offers leading, easy-to-access multimedia and entertainment features at low cost. You can:
- Connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi or connecting an external 3G HSDPA+ modem supported.
- Access your email while on the move.
- Keep in touch with your friends via your Contacts and social networking applications.
- Listen to rich, full-impact audio up to 1080p.
- OS 4.1 released from supplier and available at firmware page.
- There are three different version of N90:
- 1) N90 - the 1st one
- 2) N90 dual core
- 3) N90 dual core 2 - with Bluetooth
- This article is related only to N90 dual core 2 - with Bluetooth. BZ-CZ version are available in marketplace, they had same hardware but different firmware.
- Downloading firmware from chinese bbs or supplier site, description to refer is: N90双擎2. CZ/BZ can be found behind your tablet (like serial no.), download accordingly.
- The Rockchip RK30xx series uses a dual core Cortex A9 CPU.
- This high performance mobile processor is a Dual Core Cortex A9 processor similar to the Samsung Exynos 4 SoC. In terms of performance, the RK3066 is between the Samsung Exynos 4210 and the Samsung Exynos 4212.
- It integrates a dual-core Cortex A9 with separate NEON and FPU coprocessor.
- Many embedded powerful hardware engines provide optimized performance for high-end applications. The RK3066 support most full-format video decoders at 1080@60fps, also supports H.264/MVC/VP8 encoder by 1080@30fps, high quality JPEG enc/dec, special image preprocessor and postprocessor.
- Embedded 3D GPU make RK3066 completely compatible with OpenGL ES2.0 and 1.1, OpenVG 1.1.
- Special 2D hardware engine with MMU will maximize display performance and provide very smoothly operation.
- RK3066 has high-performance external memory interface (DDR3/LPDDR2/LVDDR3) capable to substaining demanding memory bandwidht, also provide a complete set of peripheral interface to support very flexible application.
- 40 nm.
- Dual core Cortex A9 processor, clocked at up to 1.6 GHz.
- Quad core Mali 400, clocked at 250 MHz per core. (Support 1080p Video Decoding)
- DDR, DDR2-800, DDR3-800 support. (up to 2GB)
- HDMI 1.4 Interface to support 3D-video 1080p@30fps
- 2-channels TFT LCD Interface with 5 layers and 3D Display (1920x1080 Maximum Display Size)
- USB 2.0 Interface + USB OTG 2.0
- SD/MMC Interface
- 5 I2C; 4 UART; 2SPI; 4 PWM
- High speed ADC interface and TS stream interface
- You can reboot into recovery by powering off the device, holding the VolDown + Power Button
How to upgrade
- 1. Choose and download an IMG (Firmware):
- a) StockROM: Yuandao Firmware download page
- b) CustomROM: Vondroid CFW for window N90 II (BZ-CZ version)
- c) CustomROM: TNT Official Release 3
- 2. If necessary download "RKbackTool".
- 2b. Alternate US/English Download RKbatchTool: US/English RKbatch Tool and Firmware
- 3. Extra Driver shouldn't be needed, Win7 will recognize the device -> therefore don't install manually ADB, or USB-Driver.
- 4. Charge Tablet to >70%
- 1. Turn tablet (off) and disconnect every cable and charger.
- 2. Start on PC "RKBatchTool.exe" and choose under the item "FW Path" an IMG (see I. Preparation).
- 3. Now press Volume (+) on tablet -> keep pressing and connect at the same time the tablet (upper microUSB port, not OTG) with PC -> as soon as you hear the PC is successfully connected or you see in RKBatchTool under "Connected Devices" a green light, then you can stop pressing Volume (+) and the tablet should be recognized from "RKBatchTool".
- 4. Click in RKBatchTool "Restore" (not Upgrade) and the flash process should begin; the first-time boot will last longer than normally - you can close RKBatchTool and disconnect the USB cable as soon as the tablet is booted.
More instruction can be found here.
- 1) Link: Download Morobo
- 2) Download this modified SuperOneClick - Short Fuse
- 3) Install Moborobo and open it
- 4) Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your tablet (Settings --> Developer Options)
- 5) Connect your Window N90 Dual Core tablet to your PC
- 6) Wait for Moborobo to see the device
- 7) Extract the contents of SuperOneClick
- 8) Run SuperOneClick.exe
- 9) Click on Root
- 10) Click on Yes (it says device is already rooted do you wish to continue)
- 1) Download this zip
- 2) unzip it
- 3) start adb - instruction here
- 4) adb root
- 5) adb remount
- 6) adb push system/app/Superuser.apk /system/app/
- 7) adb push system/bin/su /system/bin/
- 8) adb push system/xbin/busybox /system/xbin/
- 9) adb shell
- 10) chmod 04755 /system/xbin/busybox
- 11) chown root.shell /system/bin/su
- 12) chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
- 13) sync
Alternate (Simple) Method using Moborobo
- 1) Download SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse+icestage instead of the un-remodified SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse
- 2) Follow the other steps in 4.0.4 users section above
- Open your tablet.
- On the CPU board between the CPU/Memory zone and camera zone there are a few plots.
- 3 of them marked with GND, TX and RX and the more important 2 more UNMARKED but contained in a square (the place of a micro switch)
- So the tablet wont start... OK
- Fire up the RK batch tool and load a stock firmware
- Shorten the two plots (the missing switch) and keeping them shorted press POWER, if everything goes OK then computer will recognize a new device and installs it.
- The well known green square should become DARK BLUE!
- Press RESTORE not UPGRADE!
- WAIT process to finish
- WARNING again, use the USB ports directly soldered on computer motherboard (backplate), I have concluded that the front USB on 3 computers dont work for tablet upgrades.
- Info are available here