Elf SD Card Flashing
Revision as of 04:35, 11 October 2010 by Sunil5168
Elf SD Card flashing
This page describes how to upgrade your Elf ROM using an SD Card. This is useful for:
- Linux and Mac users: you don't need windows to upgrade the ROM
sunil the don ==ELF0IMG.nbh on a FAT32 filesystem==
- Empty (erase the contents of) your microSD card using the Windows Mobile file explorer or format it from your computer using a card reader (in some cases format doesn't work).
- Extract the .NBH file from your prefered ROM upgrade: In windows use winrar (right click) to extract the contents of the exe file. In Linux / MacOS use cabextract.
- Rename the .NBH file to ELF0IMG.nbh and copy it to the root folder of your microSD card.
- With microSD card inserted in the phone, start the bootloader (The bootloader is invoked by hold down the camera button and reset device with the stylus).
- confirm flashing on screen by pressing the power button (or the volume slider down).
- Flashing might hang after some time but this is normal. Just wait. Complete flash takes about 30 minutes, so check your battery or connect to charger before the flashing process starts.
SuperCID devices are able to flash any NBH image using this method.