HTC Eris/How-To/Flash Recovery
2. Open the terminal and copy and paste the following commands.
adb shell su mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
3. In a new terminal window (don't close the original one).
adb push flash_image /system/bin exit
4. Now in the original terminal window
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
5. Now exit all windows and reboot your phone.
6. Mount your phones sd card and drop recovery-RA-eris-v1.6.2.img on to it and eject your phone.
7. Open the Terminal and copy and paste the following commands with the phone connected to your computer.
adb shell su flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-eris-v1.6.2.img
NOTE: If you are using Vista or Windows7 make sure you run command prompt "As Administrator"
8. To get into recovery turn off you phone and hold the Volume Up + Power until it boots into recovery. Or via terminal "adb shell reboot recovery".