Please remember to add a category to the bottom of each page that you create.
See categories help for further details, but most will probably be [[Category:HTC ModelName]].

Difference between revisions of "User talk:Nathanlock"

From XDA-Developers
Jump to: navigation, search
(Skinned!: new section)
(Star)

(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 72: Line 72:

Well, what do you think? (sorry it took so long) [[User:DaveShaw|DaveShaw]] 15:41, 8 September 2010 (CDT)

Well, what do you think? (sorry it took so long) [[User:DaveShaw|DaveShaw]] 15:41, 8 September 2010 (CDT)
 +
 +
== Star ==
 +
 +
I thought I'd lavished one of these upon you already... guess not!
 +
{{User Star}}
 +
{{clear}}[[User:DaveShaw|DaveShaw]] 15:42, 9 September 2010 (CDT)
 +
:: Aww, thanks Dave, all my hard work has been rewarded, I can be content in life now... :-)  [[User:Nathanlock|Nathanlock]] 15:45, 9 September 2010 (CDT)
 +
:::Nearing the top of the [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg Pyramid]? ;) [[User:DaveShaw|DaveShaw]] 15:49, 9 September 2010 (CDT)
 +
 +
== New theme ==
 +
 +
Looks good, nice work mate. I cannot edit the bullets without FTP access :)... I'll try and get them changed, but the admins are busy men. [[User:DaveShaw|DaveShaw]] 15:47, 9 September 2010 (CDT)

Latest revision as of 16:49, 9 September 2010

• HTC Sense : Thanks for putting some extra detail in. The page was aimed towards wm6 version of sense only, since the customisation and tutorials are platform specific to WM. I really don't mind how it is arranged, I was simply creating space for the tutorials from the old wiki (although yet to transfer them) and needed somewhere sensible to place them. User:meltwater
  • Must finish off WM5 other tweaks page
  • Expand on registry tweaking template - with other tweaking tools available
  • do the other windows mobile 5 tweak pages - performance etc.
  • do TytnII tweaks pages
  • Font size for boxes is too small!
  • Reformat HTC Prophet Registry Tweaks - to comply with style guide
  • Style guide add italics for fieldnames and work out how to display square and curly brackets
  • investigate software categories and help guides from the original wiki.
  • Category:Operating System - Completed
  • Category:Software - Completed
  • Category:Windows Mobile software - waiting for feedback on talk page before continuing
  • Category:Manufacturer - Almost complete
  • Category:HTC - waiting for feedback on talk page before continuing
  • Category:HTC_Phones - Proposed new sub-category of Category:HTC & Category:Phones waiting for feedback on above page before continuing

I'll give you a hand with your questions :)
  • The old wiki didn't have categories, so we have a blank canvas.
  • The "Pre" / "Code" does look a bit small. I'll take a look at the monobook.css and try and improve it.
  • To display [[Square]] and {Curly} Braces use the <nowiki> Tags
Feel free to abuse my talk page if there's anything else that you need. - DaveShaw 03:49, 6 August 2010 (CDT)
I've looked at the "pre" text and I think it's a browser thing as it shows all right in IE8. DaveShaw 04:25, 6 August 2010 (CDT)
Dave You are right, it is a browser thing, I am using Google Chrome and it displays minute! Nathanlock 14:38, 6 August 2010 (CDT)
Thanks for the nowiki tip - I have now updated the style guide - about the lowercase tweaks rename you did, I have named all the tweaks pages with a capital T should they all be moved or is it not that important?
I don't think it's that important, it just seems clearer to me... I've not decided yet DaveShaw 15:11, 6 August 2010 (CDT)
My apologies for some terrible typos on my edit summaries, I have been so busy learning how to get things right, I haven't kept my eye on the garbage I have been typing in!
any news on the chrome text box font size issue?
It's a Chrome thing : here see these steps to sort it - User:DaveShaw/FixedFontsDaveShaw 17:05, 6 August 2010 (CDT)
I followed the instructions but the settings do not stick, select the new font size click ok, it shows it as changed, then click ok again and if you go back in to the font settings it has reverted! v4.0.249.89 (38071)
I read on the Chrome Help pages theres a bug with it not sticking. I'm using 5.0.375.125 and it works :) — DaveShaw 17:17, 6 August 2010 (CDT)

Main page

As you may have known, I have been working on the main page for a while now, but i need a little help.

I have moved up part of the gallery, so we don't have rows that just have one or two devices in them. I was able to keep them as subcategories, too.

Now, i need help so that i can make the distances and sizes of the gallery static, because when i use different browsers, the size of each cell changes.

Take a look at that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page#Sony_Ericsson --ThaDeanesta 14:29, 8 August 2010 (CDT)

Sorry that is not something I can help with - but it is looking real good! Nathanlock 15:06, 8 August 2010 (CDT)

Oh okay.. ill ask daveshaw then...

Special:Category Tree

There is an extention called Category Tree. It is in use at mediawiki.org, too. It creates Special:Category tree

MediaWiki Category tree addon

also, is somebody looking into the preference issues? this is beginning to annoy me. --ThaDeanesta 14:50, 8 August 2010 (CDT)

Which preference issue are you talking about? Nathanlock 15:34, 8 August 2010 (CDT)

Hermes

No worries! didnt even notice that I was duplicating the page.

You know what it was I just went back to the hermes page and there are tow different pages set up for tweaks So if you want to save yours and delete mine Im fine with that

Huh?

Just realised your using your userpage as a talk page? I missed all the chatter :D DaveShaw 06:00, 27 August 2010 (CDT)

Even I just wrote this message on the wrong page. DaveShaw 06:00, 27 August 2010 (CDT)

Skinned!

Well, what do you think? (sorry it took so long) DaveShaw 15:41, 8 September 2010 (CDT)

Star

I thought I'd lavished one of these upon you already... guess not!

Star.jpg
This user has been instrumental in getting the new XDA-Dev's wiki going.
DaveShaw 15:42, 9 September 2010 (CDT)
Aww, thanks Dave, all my hard work has been rewarded, I can be content in life now... :-) Nathanlock 15:45, 9 September 2010 (CDT)
Nearing the top of the Pyramid? ;) DaveShaw 15:49, 9 September 2010 (CDT)

New theme

Looks good, nice work mate. I cannot edit the bullets without FTP access :)... I'll try and get them changed, but the admins are busy men. DaveShaw 15:47, 9 September 2010 (CDT)