Please remember to add a category to the bottom of each page that you create.
See categories help for further details, but most will probably be [[Category:HTC ModelName]].

User talk:TheManii

From XDA-Developers
Jump to: navigation, search

Rationale for SGS 4G family

Your points are well-taken... I was confused about the groupings... since, when I went to the Samsung_Galaxy_S_Series page, I found no information there about the SGS 4G model. I created a specific page for this model Samsung_Galaxy_S/SGH-T959V and, when comparing with the SGS, I had not noticed that the series page was different from the model pages... and thought that there was a need for a 4G category page...

Here's what needs to be done:

• Add the SGS 4G Model to the SGS Series page
  • Maintain the SGS 4G Category, to enable easy browsing
  • Disregard idea of creating an SGS 4G Series page

Thank you for helping to identify these action items.

--TheGeeko61@gmail.com 13:00, 23 January 2012 (CST)

Template:Samsung Galaxy S Series

Your modification to the the template is awesome! I did correct one error that I noticed. There is no such thing as a Samsung Vibrant 4G. That was a pre-release marketing mistake which sites (like Amazon) continue to use. The product (whether you talk to Samsung or to T-Mobile) is a Galaxy S 4G. That is the correction which I made: Vibrant 4G => Galaxy S 4G.

I know it is confusing... which is why this thread had to be started in our forum. People get confused because "experts" such as ourselves keep giving misinformation about the product.

• Feel free to fix things as you see them, just make sure to fix it on the main page too, I only add what's already in the wiki so if there's a mistake it'll be consistant across the wiki -TheManii 16:04, 23 January 2012 (CST)
  • I revised the template to sort it... and I'm having a hard time locating your Forum Page? See [1] for why I need it...
  • No offense but I'm going to have to revert that edit, it's in order of
  • Most common model (ie the unbranded one)
  • Nexus S
  • alphabetizied carrier modified models
  • The 1st 2 catagories are likely going to get the most traffic, as they're the most common ones, the carrier specific models are simply less important. Preferably there should be two groups [unbranded devices] and [branded devices] but the wiki setup on xda is very deficient and lacks the functions needed for {{navbox subgroup}}.
  • I've added a hack to sort them into branded and unbranded devices as a consolation. -TheManii 20:21, 25 January 2012 (CST)
  • Much appreciated... AT&T keeps getting lower-cased, which looks strange...--TheGeeko61@gmail.com 10:55, 28 January 2012 (CST)

Member Page

Do you post in the forums? I cannot find your member-id... --TheGeeko61@gmail.com 10:55, 28 January 2012 (CST) What's your member-id? --TheGeeko61@gmail.com 12:22, 29 January 2012 (CST)