Asus VivoTab Smart, clean wipe

Search This thread

DHeffernan

Dec 2, 2012
My dad picked himself up a used Asus VivoTab Smart, I have a tablet myself but its android.

To my understanding these VivoTabs run Windows 8.1? So is this like a flown blown windows just as in on the desktop?

I had a chance to see his tablet the other night and it seems like the guy didnt restore/wipe it prior to selling now there is some junk on there and I can't figure out - how does one wipe these things? I couldnt locate something like my Android has to set it to factory defaults but at the same time I am quite a noob when it comes to Windows 8 interface.

Hoping someone has some sort of assistance

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
Charms Bar (swipe from right edge of screen), Change PC Settings, Update and Recovery, Recovery, Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows.

:)

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

DHeffernan

Dec 2, 2012
Charms Bar (swipe from right edge of screen), Change PC Settings, Update and Recovery, Recovery, Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows.

:)

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did this. But now I'm trying to get the updates for the device and its simply not moving or just sticking checking for updates.

I selected only 1 update thats like 800kb in file size and it just never finishes or does anything just says "downloading update"

DHeffernan

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks a lot.

Another question, the charger that came with it as it's a used unit is a samsung one and won't actually charge the thing but actually just hold a charge. Is this tablet picky and needs the OEM charger to be charged with cause I see them online for $50..

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
I think any 5v 2A charger will work. Had no issues with the stock charger or my LG charger that came with my Nexus 5. You may just have a defective charger. Amazon should have a suitable one for much less than $50.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

DHeffernan

Dec 2, 2012
I think any 5v 2A charger will work. Had no issues with the stock charger or my LG charger that came with my Nexus 5. You may just have a defective charger. Amazon should have a suitable one for much less than $50.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Believe your right: picked up a samsung 5v, 2a charger AND it works perfect.