Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]Installing Battlefield 2 on the Dell Venue 8 Pro

Tip us?

Lincoln99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [GUIDE]Installing Battlefield 2 on the Dell Venue 8 Pro

(Note: If you break your device by trying to run on High Graphics, don't blame me.)

This guide should work for other devices out there, but I tested it on the Dell Venue 8 Pro.

Requirements:
4GB of free space

DAEMON Tools Lite v4

Battlefield 2 ISO

No-CD BF2.exe Mod

Alright, first, if you have a Battlefield 2 CD/DVD, rip the files off of it and compile it into an ISO file using 7-Zip (not tested), or you can download an ISO from a torrent site (not providing links), if you made an ISO file, copy it to your tablet with a USB or MicroSD card, then download DAEMON Tools Lite and install it on your tablet (be sure to decline any offers), open the tools and press the the CD icon with a green +, navigate to your Battlefield 2 ISO and add it, then mount the virtual drive. You can close DAEMON Tools after it mounts. Open the File Manager and double tap (or click if you have a mouse) the virtual drive, and follow the instructions, once finished, use your favorite search engine and look for "Battlefield 2 No-CD Crack (BF2 version here)" (Note: not my fault if you get a virus...) Then navigate to where you installed Battlefield 2 (most likely C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield 2) and rename BF2.exe to BF2_CD.exe and copy the modded BF2.exe to the directory, if successful the game should launch normally. That's it! You now have Battlefield 2 on your Dell Venue 8 Pro (or other tablet)! Be sure to unmount the ISO and delete the ISO to free up disk space. On the DV8P the settings will be on low. I haven't tried medium yet. The game resolution will be 800x600, and can only be pushed to 1024x768 (I recommend 800x600 on a 8-inch display), at least on my Dell, the game should only be 1.77GB after install.

Sent from my SM-T210R

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
(Last edited by SixSixSevenSeven; 15th July 2014 at 10:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 323
You don't need daemon tools. Windows 8 has native .ISO mounting

So far across both my windows 8 devices and an old win 7 system the retail copy of battlefield 2 freezes at 81% installed before giving up. Works fine on an XP VM. Log since given up considering the multiplayer no longer works

Lincoln99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Just tried running on High Graphics with 1024x768 resolution, it actually runs pretty fast. However, before the level loaded I got an out of memory error, but was still able to play it.

Sent from my SM-T210R