No registration required

[Q] Installing apps from Windows phone store

OP wolfmannyc

25th August 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi, Everyone.
I just got a Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1 for work/personal use and wanted to download a turn-by-turn navigation for it. For some reason, Waze was not available for download from the Market Place and all other navigation apps did not give you turn by turn navigation. I use google maps on my galaxy s4, and it gives you a turn by turn on the screen. Is there a way to download apps from windows phone store to the tablet to use? Is there an alternative store to windows store? Also, would you recommend any other apps to use with the ToughPad?
Thank you for your help.
25th August 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmannyc

Hi, Everyone.
I just got a Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1 for work/personal use and wanted to download a turn-by-turn navigation for it. For some reason, Waze was not available for download from the Market Place and all other navigation apps did not give you turn by turn navigation. I use google maps on my galaxy s4, and it gives you a turn by turn on the screen. Is there a way to download apps from windows phone store to the tablet to use? Is there an alternative store to windows store? Also, would you recommend any other apps to use with the ToughPad?
Thank you for your help.

I like Here Maps - dunno about navigation though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fahrertuer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrertuer

I like Here Maps - dunno about navigation though.

Thank you for your response.
I downloaded Here Maps. It shows a map, but does not do a turn by turn navigation, like tomtom or google maps on the whone or waze does.
26th August 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,785

5,870 posts
More
Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 are not the same OS. You're doing the equivalent of asking whether there's a way to run iPhone apps on your Mac. Just... no.

Actual answer: I don't actually know of any turn-by-turn apps for "real" Windows. Most people use their phones for that...
Last edited by GoodDayToDie; 26th August 2014 at 01:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Thank you for your response. Nice and clear.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread