Ask a question

No registration required

Pipo w2

OP nick789uk

24th December 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #71  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
In my opinion yes it is worth buying had no problems and has worked out of the box
3rd January 2015, 11:50 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hello guys, i am using pipo w2f. but my tablet stuck on PIPO logo after i restarted it this morning. i have tried using power button and volume - or power button and volume + but it still no success. please help me. thanks
3rd January 2015, 05:06 PM   |  #73  

6 posts
Hello does anyone have the touchscreen driver for this device ? the hardware ID in device manager is mssl1680 ?
5th January 2015, 05:34 PM   |  #74  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdewe

hello guys, i am using pipo w2f. but my tablet stuck on PIPO logo after i restarted it this morning. i have tried using power button and volume - or power button and volume + but it still no success. please help me. thanks

Have you tried holding the power button in for 15 secs or more ?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

My Pipo w2f no longer charges when windows is running

If I turn off the tablet ( holding power button for 10 secs or more ) then connect the charger it automatically boots to windows.

IN order to charge it I have to wait for the battery to become completely empty then connect.

I would like to try to re-install the firmware/software to try to resolve this.

I went to
pipo.cn and found
W2F_Software_Chinese version

but that takes me to baidu.com

I don't seem to be able to download from there

Is this available elsewhere ( in English ? )

Are there instructions for reflashing somewhere ?
6th January 2015, 05:23 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 21

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcross

Have you tried holding the power button in for 15 secs or more ?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

My Pipo w2f no longer charges when windows is running

If I turn off the tablet ( holding power button for 10 secs or more ) then connect the charger it automatically boots to windows.

IN order to charge it I have to wait for the battery to become completely empty then connect.

I would like to try to re-install the firmware/software to try to resolve this.

I went to
pipo.cn and found
W2F_Software_Chinese version

but that takes me to baidu.com

I don't seem to be able to download from there

Is this available elsewhere ( in English ? )

Are there instructions for reflashing somewhere ?

ok, there is an option to restore the firmware from the recovery partition. you need a keyboard to access it.

with windows booted up. you need to long press on the start menu button from the desktop to bring up the menu. (NOT the live tiles screen) a mouse could be used to just right click it if you are having trouble long pressing the icon.

then you need to go to shut down or sign out, then hold down shift on your keyboard and click or press on restart while holding shift down. this brings up a menu. that can let you do many things, click on troubleshoot. then try either refresh your pc or reset your pc. (reset will wipe everything, refresh tries to fix without wiping, but is less likely to work)
7th January 2015, 12:34 PM   |  #76  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StridAst

ok, there is an option to restore the firmware from the recovery partition. you need a keyboard to access it.

with windows booted up. you need to long press on the start menu button from the desktop to bring up the menu. (NOT the live tiles screen) a mouse could be used to just right click it if you are having trouble long pressing the icon.

then you need to go to shut down or sign out, then hold down shift on your keyboard and click or press on restart while holding shift down. this brings up a menu. that can let you do many things, click on troubleshoot. then try either refresh your pc or reset your pc. (reset will wipe everything, refresh tries to fix without wiping, but is less likely to work)

Thanks I managed to reset my PC but unfortunately this didn't solve the issues. ( Although there were 2 options ( unfortunately detailed in CHinese )
I will try the other option today )

However I was able to access the BIOS/UEFI settings and managed to make some improvement by changing a couple of settings.

Now the tablet no longer boots when the power is connected so I can shutdown and connect the power to recharge

But still it doesn't charge once the tablet is turned on II stops almost immediately ( before windows starts to boot I think )
8th January 2015, 09:35 PM   |  #77  
Thanks Meter: 301

707 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdewe

This thread here should be used for the PiPO W2, the W2F is a whole different tabet and you should use the proper thread here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...3735f-t2987975

Holding vol down plus power worked for me to boot to the advanced options, and from there do a reset or refresh.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread