By bads3ctor, Member on 16th August 2014, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th June 2015, 02:07 PM |#11  
Flag Bielsko-Biała
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bads3ctor

If you want to have power to your tablet and USB OTG access at the same time, here is what you need(both Amazon prime eligible):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Any usb gender bender like this will do...there are cheaper ones)

Attach the USB gender changer to the black end of the StarTech cable and the attach a USB hub to the other end of the gender changer. Plug the red end into a 2.1 amp USB power source and the microUSB end into the Encore. Now the tablet will say "plugged in, not charging". You can now attach any USB device to the hub and Windows or Linux with see them. The tablet will have power but the battery will not charge.

I have a question. This method won't be charging my tablet, so my battery won't be destroyed?

BTW another question. Why card reader in this tablet is that slow? I have sandisk extreme micro sd (64MB/s write - ~ 60MB/s in my PC card reader) but reader in toshiba can only read/write ~26MB/s. I thought that this card will be great for my tablet, but now I fell like I wasted my money. I could better buy standard class 10 micro sd card...
Last edited by rascal0pl; 10th June 2015 at 02:14 PM.

22nd June 2015, 07:56 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal0pl

I have a question. This method won't be charging my tablet, so my battery won't be destroyed?

The tablet will receive a charge but the battery will not be charged. If your battery is at 100% then it will stay at 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal0pl

BTW another question. Why card reader in this tablet is that slow? I have sandisk extreme micro sd (64MB/s write - ~ 60MB/s in my PC card reader) but reader in toshiba can only read/write ~26MB/s. I thought that this card will be great for my tablet, but now I fell like I wasted my money. I could better buy standard class 10 micro sd card...

It is an internal firmware limitation. There is supposed to be a BIOS setting to set the SD slot to a higher bandwidth level but this tablet does not have that option in the BIOS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread