FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Android app on Windows Surface 8.1

135 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By eyesofice, Senior Member on 14th February 2015, 02:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I've been doing a lot of looking around and I got a surface w. 8.1 for work as I needed MS Office. The only thing that I would like to be able to do is to MOD it so that I can put Google play on it and run android apps. I see that there is application called BlueStacks an emulator, I downloaded the .exe but the surface gives me the message that it can't run the exe. I went into the device and configured it to all untrusted apps via a YouTube I found and that did not work.
I'm not looking to make major changes to it. I am happy with it but want to add my android app. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Btw I am a complete noob on how to do this.

15th February 2015, 03:14 AM |#2  
Flag Dayton Ohio
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofice

So I've been doing a lot of looking around and I got a surface w. 8.1 for work as I needed MS Office. The only thing that I would like to be able to do is to MOD it so that I can put Google play on it and run android apps. I see that there is application called BlueStacks an emulator, I downloaded the .exe but the surface gives me the message that it can't run the exe. I went into the device and configured it to all untrusted apps via a YouTube I found and that did not work.
I'm not looking to make major changes to it. I am happy with it but want to add my android app. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Btw I am a complete noob on how to do this.

I use DuOs. Haven't had one issue with it at all. It uses a newer version of android than bluestacks runs everthing like an android tablet would. They give you a free trial soo after that its not free. But i think the trial is like 30 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to kano45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2015, 05:08 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag ROC

More
Cool do you have a direct link?
15th February 2015, 05:29 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag ROC

More
Ya I did some looking up online and it doesn't say a whole lot on where to start and get set up with the 30 day trial and what not. Any suggestions
17th February 2015, 04:37 AM |#5  
Flag Dayton Ohio

More
Here's the link. Like i said, it's a free trial with all the features for 30 days. Then after that its a one time charge. I liked it soo much that I bought it and have been using it for a couple months without issues. Once installed you'll have to setup the android stuff just like its dual booting. You'll have to type in the wifi passwords and select the wifi networks. There's also a box to check in the android settings to give full root access to run android programs that require a rooted device. One thing that i recommend is closing the DuOs program completely when finished. You can switch between windows and android just like using a regular windows program but it doesn't like when windows goes in "sleep" mode while its running. I always close the program when i'm not using it. The app can be ended by entering windows task manager if it ever becomes unstable but i haven't experienced anything other than the waking up from "sleep" mode. I've noticed with several games that my surface running Duos, plays them smoother and more responsive than my Sony Xperia Tab Z. Hope this helps!

http://www.amiduos.com/
17th February 2015, 11:43 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag ROC

More
Thank you I downloaded the .exe and it will not run on my tablet. There was jail break .bat file that I ran on the surface but how do I check to see if it worked ?
19th February 2015, 12:15 AM |#7  
Flag Dayton Ohio

More
Quote:

Thank you I downloaded the .exe and it will not run on my tablet. There was jail break .bat file that I ran on the surface but how do I check to see if it worked ?

What model surface are you using? Is the os win 8.1? Everything that i've installed on mine installed just like a pc.
19th February 2015, 01:31 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag ROC

More
windows rt 8.1
32 bit os
arm processor
2gb ram
NVidia tegra 3 quad core cpu 1.30GhZ
The error that I get states that it can't run this app on this PC.
19th February 2015, 02:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

windows rt 8.1
32 bit os
arm processor
2gb ram
NVidia tegra 3 quad core cpu 1.30GhZ
The error that I get states that it can't run this app on this PC.

That's your problem there. As I understand it, you cannot install third party apps on the RT version of windows. You will only be able to install apps from the microsoft store.
20th May 2015, 06:45 AM |#10  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Damn regretting RT 8.1 more an more everyday
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)