Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Advice pro or pro

Tip us?

kyzerdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Advice pro or pro

Hello
I have to questions
I am maybe going to buy a secondhand surface pro 2. But can anyone tell me how can we if it is really a pro2 and not just a pro? Can I tell from the outside? The inside specs are 256ssd 8gb icore5. And I looked at the battery it said 73% charged and showed about 2hrs43min left is that normal? Shouldn't the battery be better on the pro2

My second question I also have possibility to buy a secondhand pro. Whats the average battery time there, I would be thinking if I buy the pro with not so good battery as the pro and buy the battery keyboard from Microsoft it should be alright? At advice opinions? Thanks and appreciated

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
Motorola Droid Razr Stock Firmware
Lenovo T500
HP Touchpad 32gb CM10, Webos, Ubuntu Touch
HP Palm Pre....
HP estation, rooted as far as possible to Android 2.1
Nokia Express 5800...in my opinion a very nice half smartphone
before...Sony Ericsson, before that Ericsson

standarduser
Old
(Last edited by standarduser; 26th April 2014 at 06:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
.Easiest way is the kickstand only has one position on the original Pro. Plus, the model label is etched underneath the Kickstand.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

this is the product label from my Surface Pro (not 2)

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

The Pro 2 in my opinion, Is largely the same unit but with some welcome changes. Battery life is ALWAYS variable based on usage. Given the choice I would opt for the more updated Pro 2. If battery life becomes an issue then you can the power keyboard like you mentioned.

lopezk38
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzerdroid View Post
Hello
I have to questions
I am maybe going to buy a secondhand surface pro 2. But can anyone tell me how can we if it is really a pro2 and not just a pro? Can I tell from the outside? The inside specs are 256ssd 8gb icore5. And I looked at the battery it said 73% charged and showed about 2hrs43min left is that normal? Shouldn't the battery be better on the pro2

My second question I also have possibility to buy a secondhand pro. Whats the average battery time there, I would be thinking if I buy the pro with not so good battery as the pro and buy the battery keyboard from Microsoft it should be alright? At advice opinions? Thanks and appreciated

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
Kickstand. Pro 1 has only 1 position, Pro 2 has 2 positions
PHONES: iPhone 3GS (Retired, Jailbroken, iDroid, overclocked to 800MHz) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Shattered, CM10, Faux kernel @ 1.45 ghz overclocked) -> Google/LG Nexus 4 16GB (Backup Phone, L Preview) -> Google/LG Nexus 5 32GB (Primary Phone, L Preview)

TABLETS: Sony Tablet S (Retired, rooted 4.0.3), Surface Pro 2 128GB (Current, W8.1)

kyzerdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
cool thanks. thats indeed a good teller if its a 1 or 2

and further to the battery usage does anyone have any advice? how long should a battery still last on a pro 2 with 72% left?
i think the tablet was woken from sleep as it immediatley tunred on the tile screen.

is the wrong thread?
Lenovo T500
HP Palm Pre....

standarduser
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Its hard to answer that since the battery life will vary based on how bright the screen is and how hard you are running the CPU.

kyzerdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Got brand new surface pro 2 for about 575 what deal. Sealed and everything. Very happy. I think the guy who sold it didn't know the difference between the different surfaces

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
Lenovo T500
HP Palm Pre....