Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Surface RT wifi driver

Tip us?

Slymayer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default [HELP] Surface RT wifi driver

My father deleted all the wifi driver files (Don't ask me why, I don't even know...), so now we don't have any internet connectivity, and I can't even find the driver files online.
So does anyone have the driver files for the wireless chipset of the Surface RT ? I really searched a lot and I don't want to use the recover partition and erase all my stuff and do all the updates again (I have a pretty low broadband).
Phones
HTC Snap/S521 : Using it as backup phone (Evo ROM)
Motorola Atrix (ITL) : Epinter's CM10.1 w/ 3.1 Kernel
Lapdock owner

Computers
Surface Pro 128GB
ATX format gaming machine

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,695
You can almost certainly find them *in* the recovery partition - it contains a .WIM file (Windows IMage) which is used for recovery, but you can extract individual files from it too - but I can also check on my RT when I get home. Are you still running 8.0 or are you on a newer version? 8.0 and 8.1 drivers aren't compatible on RT, because they changed all the signatures.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.