FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

need windows rt tv tuner app for live tv

1,071 posts
Thanks Meter: 130
 
By lewonsky, Senior Member on 4th May 2015, 11:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
can someone port over programs like prog DVB so that we can use a USB tv tuner to watch live Tv ?
 
 
4th May 2015, 04:06 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewonsky

can someone port over programs like prog DVB so that we can use a USB tv tuner to watch live Tv ?

You'd need hardware, which require drivers, which are not in RT. You'd need someone to make a driver for it before even trying a program that uses it.
5th May 2015, 03:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syn3h

You'd need hardware, which require drivers, which are not in RT. You'd need someone to make a driver for it before even trying a program that uses it.


yes the usb tv tuner that can be used. and prog dvb recognizes many generic tuners I think , we need a generic driver...

under the normal windows 8 this driver is automatically installed by windows
11th May 2015, 07:37 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewonsky

yes the usb tv tuner that can be used. and prog dvb recognizes many generic tuners I think , we need a generic driver...

under the normal windows 8 this driver is automatically installed by windows

Yes, but there isn't a driver for ARM, bringing us back to square one.
14th May 2015, 05:21 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
is It possible to make this driver???
14th May 2015, 03:33 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 548
 
Donate to Me
More
It's possible, yea, but nobody is going to put out the effort to do it.
15th May 2015, 02:27 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
tv tuner is the only one lacking........on this device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes