[Q] Asus Vivo Tab TF600t, now what?

Search This thread

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I just picked up this vivo tab for $100 and it seems awesome, but I am curious what I can do with it now? I am use to android and rooting and stuff. Wondering what kind of cool stuff I can do with this. I don't know much about it, or even much of the difference between windows 8 and 8rt, other than you can't run many apps. Any advice would be awesome.

domboy

Jul 10, 2013
Well, if it's still running RT 8.0 you can run the jailbreak:

This would allow you to run unsigned ARM compiled desktop applications, plus a few .NET 4.x apps that are cpu agnostic. List of them here.

If your device has been upgraded to RT 8.1 and you would like to revert back to RT 8.0 to run the jailbreak (no released jailbreak for 8.1 as yet) see this thread. It also includes instructions on what updates to hide so it won't prompt/automatically upgrade to 8.1 again. That guide is of course for the surface but downgrading the Asus should be similar, you'll just need the image for your model.

For me personally with my Surface RT there is nothing I have seen of 8.1 or the store apps that require it that is worth more than having the jailbreak so I've stuck with 8.0.

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks for the info. It's all up to date, running 8.1. Sorry for being a noob in this area, what would unassigned ARM compiled desktop apps be? Like normal PC type apps?

Is there any way too load just normal 8.1 non rt?

freakdavid19

Oct 9, 2011
Dallas
Because secure boot cannot be disabled on this device.

Mandatory. Enable/Disable Secure Boot. On non-ARM systems, it is required to implement the ability to disable Secure Boot via firmware setup. A physically present user must be allowed to disable Secure Boot via firmware setup without possession of PKpriv. A Windows Server may also disable Secure Boot remotely using a strongly authenticated (preferably public-key based) out-of-band management connection, such as to a baseboard management controller or service processor. Programmatic disabling of Secure Boot either during Boot Services or after exiting EFI Boot Services MUST NOT be possible. Disabling Secure Boot must not be possible on ARM systems.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj128256.aspx

domboy

Jul 10, 2013
No, it won't be getting Windows 10 either, but supposedly some update will be coming to provide some new features... haven't heard what those will be.

Sorry I missed your response... unsigned (not unassigned) means software without a digital signature. Out of the box Windows RT will only run desktop applications that have been signed by Microsoft, and the jailbreak changes that to allow unsigned applications/executable files to run. So yes, regular desktop programs that have been compiled for ARM, or .NET applications that are CPU agnostic. See the list I'd previously posted.

Reactions: Nickdroid86

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I haven't been keeping up with the RT software so I'm not sure what is out there. I got Windows 10 on my laptop. I know we won't get that on anything with rt but I heard we would get some of the Windows 10 features.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, it won't be getting Windows 10 either, but supposedly some update will be coming to provide some new features... haven't heard what those will be.

Sorry I missed your response... unsigned (not unassigned) means software without a digital signature. Out of the box Windows RT will only run desktop applications that have been signed by Microsoft, and the jailbreak changes that to allow unsigned applications/executable files to run. So yes, regular desktop programs that have been compiled for ARM, or .NET applications that are CPU agnostic. See the list I'd previously posted.