Asus vivotab bcdboot enum output?

Search This thread

Lellek

Jul 31, 2015
Anyone able to help? Thanks to Apachas and few other users I was able to boot my crashed Asus vivotab tf600t and almost got it up and running.. Almost.

I believe I have done everything according to instructions, installed Apachas' image and configured what I can but bcdboot gives me an error when doing the installation: failed to open handle to fwbootmgr, status c0000034 . Everything seems to go ok except this error which apparently is fatal.. Windows will not start but gives 0xc0000001.

Can Someone who owns the same (working :)) device print their "bcdboot /enum all" command output here? I don't seem to have the fwbootmgr and something else is probably wrong, when I run the bcdboot /enum all, but I don't have a clue what to do now.

Here is the output from mine.. can anyone tell what is wrong with it? Should I have the fwbootmgr? How to add it? Don´t seem to find any information online..

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=S:
path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {default}
displayorder {default}
timeout 30

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {default}
device partition=W:
path \Windows\system32\winload.efi
description Windows RT
locale en-us
inherit {bootloadersettings}
isolatedcontext Yes
allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
osdevice partition=W:
systemroot \Windows
nx AlwaysOn
bootmenupolicy Standard
detecthal Yes

EMS Settings
------------
identifier {emssettings}
bootems No

Debugger Settings
-----------------
identifier {dbgsettings}
debugtype Serial
debugport 1
baudrate 115200

RAM Defects
-----------
identifier {badmemory}

Global Settings
---------------
identifier {globalsettings}
inherit {dbgsettings}
{emssettings}
{badmemory}

Boot Loader Settings
--------------------
identifier {bootloadersettings}
inherit {globalsettings}
{hypervisorsettings}

Hypervisor Settings
-------------------
identifier {hypervisorsettings}
hypervisordebugtype Serial
hypervisordebugport 1
hypervisorbaudrate 115200

Thanks a lot..!!

Last edited:

spiritshaman14

Oct 20, 2015
Anyone able to help? Thanks to Apachas and few other users I was able to boot my crashed Asus vivotab tf600t and almost got it up and running.. Almost.

I believe I have done everything according to instructions, installed Apachas' image and configured what I can but bcdboot gives me an error when doing the installation: failed to open handle to fwbootmgr, status c0000034 . Everything seems to go ok except this error which apparently is fatal.. Windows will not start but gives 0xc0000001.

Can Someone who owns the same (working :)) device print their "bcdboot /enum all" command output here? I don't seem to have the fwbootmgr and something else is probably wrong, when I run the bcdboot /enum all, but I don't have a clue what to do now.

Here is the output from mine.. can anyone tell what is wrong with it? Should I have the fwbootmgr? How to add it? Don´t seem to find any information online..

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=S:
path \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {default}
displayorder {default}
timeout 30

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {default}
device partition=W:
path \Windows\system32\winload.efi
description Windows RT
locale en-us
inherit {bootloadersettings}
isolatedcontext Yes
allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
osdevice partition=W:
systemroot \Windows
nx AlwaysOn
bootmenupolicy Standard
detecthal Yes

EMS Settings
------------
identifier {emssettings}
bootems No

Debugger Settings
-----------------
identifier {dbgsettings}
debugtype Serial
debugport 1
baudrate 115200

RAM Defects
-----------
identifier {badmemory}

Global Settings
---------------
identifier {globalsettings}
inherit {dbgsettings}
{emssettings}
{badmemory}

Boot Loader Settings
--------------------
identifier {bootloadersettings}
inherit {globalsettings}
{hypervisorsettings}

Hypervisor Settings
-------------------
identifier {hypervisorsettings}
hypervisordebugtype Serial
hypervisordebugport 1
hypervisorbaudrate 115200

Thanks a lot..!!

I searched a lot and found this:

I was deploying a W2K8 R2 image on a ML350 G5 some time ago and was unable to make the system partition bootable. Never thought of writing about this but the issue reappeared lately on a G7 so here it goes..

Running “bcdboot.exe c:\windows /l en-us” returned a “Failure when attempting to copy boot files” error. And yes, I did check if the partition was active and it was. I heard that this issue was resolved by some by destroying the array, rebuilding it and installing the image again. I did so but with no further luck – unfortunately a huge waste of time over iLO and a slow connection (you probably know what I mean).

Turns out that the command which finally worked correctly was “bcdboot c:\Windows /s c: /l en-us” while running it from the WinPE drive.

The “/s” option according to the manual “Specifies an optional volume letter parameter to designate the target system partition where boot environment files are copied. The default is the system partition identified by the firmware.”

I guess the default system partition could not be properly identified thus all the fuss. Weird, I haven't found a reason for this. Didn't look deeper since I found a fix. Anyway, hope this helps!

so out of desperation I changed the last line to: bcdboot w:\windows /s w:

and it created boot files successfully! however now I'm stuck on Asus logo.