Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help me, please! How to recover deleted photos in windows 8 rt?

OP tank6662005

24th August 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Were removed family photos on the tablet ASUS VIVOtab RT (windows 8 rt). History files has been disabled. ONE DRIVE is not working. What should I do?
26th August 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,791

5,877 posts
More
Were they on internal storage or on a SD card?

Are you running RT 8.0 or 8.1?

EDIT: Fair warning: you probably can't, unless something like OneDrive was backing them up somewhere. RT can't run file recovery software much better than an iPad could.
Last edited by GoodDayToDie; 26th August 2014 at 01:15 AM.
26th August 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Were they on internal storage or on a SD card?

Lost files were on the internal storage.

Are you running RT 8.0 or 8.1?

I use RT 8.0.
26th August 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
As the X86 emulator, you can run the program to restore the photos? Installation program X86 is successful, but when I run an error peloader(
26th August 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle

5,877 posts
More
Yeah, the x86 emulator probably doesn't support the APIs required for such programs; they're pretty obscure and surely weren't the dev's first priority. I really, really wish that tool's source code would be released so people could continue working on it...

Since you're on 8.0 (and already jailbroken, even) the question becomes "what open-source undelete utilities for Windows are available?" Typing "open source file undelete" into Bing gives http://kickassundelete.sourceforge.net/ as the first hit. What's more, it's entirely written in C#, as far as I can tell, even supports Mono. It might not even need to be recompiled and should be trivial to recompile if needed.

Obligatory reminder: Don't use the tablet (any more than absolutely necessary) until you have a chance to run the undelete tool. There's a pretty fair chance of the data getting overwritten, or even just getting TRIMmed out of the SSD, if you do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
After the program kichkassundelete warning popup window appears. Even as an administrator program does not see the internal and external storage. What should I do in this case? How to get full access to the device with windows RT?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (42.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (110.0 KB, 10 views)
2nd September 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank6662005

After the program kichkassundelete warning popup window appears. Even as an administrator program does not see the internal and external storage. What should I do in this case? How to get full access to the device with windows RT?

On my Surface RT, this program also cannot detect the internal C: drive. However it can detect and scan USB drives (fat32 & ntfs) if it's run as Administrator (it prompts for this during load). So the program does seem to work to some extent. I have no idea why the C: drive is hidden/blocked.
Last edited by domboy; 2nd September 2014 at 04:02 PM.
3rd September 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle

5,877 posts
More
May need to look for another program then, damn. Post-Vista, the system drive is *slightly* more protected against such access... but it's easy to work around if the developer knows what they're doing. Maybe KAUD only fully works on XP? I'm not sure; I haven't used it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread