Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help me, please! How to recover deleted photos in windows 8 rt?

Tip us?

tank6662005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help me, please! How to recover deleted photos in windows 8 rt?

Were removed family photos on the tablet ASUS VIVOtab RT (windows 8 rt). History files has been disabled. ONE DRIVE is not working. What should I do?

GoodDayToDie
Old
(Last edited by GoodDayToDie; 26th August 2014 at 12:15 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Were they on internal storage or on a SD card?

Are you running RT 8.0 or 8.1?

EDIT: Fair warning: you probably can't, unless something like OneDrive was backing them up somewhere. RT can't run file recovery software much better than an iPad could.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

tank6662005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Were they on internal storage or on a SD card?

Lost files were on the internal storage.

Are you running RT 8.0 or 8.1?

I use RT 8.0.

tank6662005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
As the X86 emulator, you can run the program to restore the photos? Installation program X86 is successful, but when I run an error peloader(

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Yeah, the x86 emulator probably doesn't support the APIs required for such programs; they're pretty obscure and surely weren't the dev's first priority. I really, really wish that tool's source code would be released so people could continue working on it...

Since you're on 8.0 (and already jailbroken, even) the question becomes "what open-source undelete utilities for Windows are available?" Typing "open source file undelete" into Bing gives http://kickassundelete.sourceforge.net/ as the first hit. What's more, it's entirely written in C#, as far as I can tell, even supports Mono. It might not even need to be recompiled and should be trivial to recompile if needed.

Obligatory reminder: Don't use the tablet (any more than absolutely necessary) until you have a chance to run the undelete tool. There's a pretty fair chance of the data getting overwritten, or even just getting TRIMmed out of the SSD, if you do so.

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tank6662005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After the program kichkassundelete warning popup window appears. Even as an administrator program does not see the internal and external storage. What should I do in this case? How to get full access to the device with windows RT?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (42.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (110.0 KB, 10 views)

domboy
Old
(Last edited by domboy; 2nd September 2014 at 03:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank6662005 View Post
After the program kichkassundelete warning popup window appears. Even as an administrator program does not see the internal and external storage. What should I do in this case? How to get full access to the device with windows RT?
On my Surface RT, this program also cannot detect the internal C: drive. However it can detect and scan USB drives (fat32 & ntfs) if it's run as Administrator (it prompts for this during load). So the program does seem to work to some extent. I have no idea why the C: drive is hidden/blocked.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
May need to look for another program then, damn. Post-Vista, the system drive is *slightly* more protected against such access... but it's easy to work around if the developer knows what they're doing. Maybe KAUD only fully works on XP? I'm not sure; I haven't used it.

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects: