[APP] SudokuTouch - A touch input friendly sudoku app

Search This thread

Philipp__

Sep 25, 2008
I've tested many Sudoku apps on Windows 8, but most of them are just very awkward to use. Neither mouse nor keyboard were really fun - although the touch input offered so many new possibilities. Partly the sudokus aren't really good, because they often had multiple solutions.

Finally I decided to do this better. I liked the result, but I think, you could judge this way better. Of course I would be pleased to get feedback and suggestions.

en_screenshot_10282013_190154.png

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/de-de/app/sudokutouch/b1eb968c-f551-40d8-af8b-e131f798514e

thedicemaster

May 10, 2009
it looks good, but i see room for a few improvements.

a message comes up at the start of a game, and the button to dismiss it is tiny and tucked away in a corner.
the button should be closer to the center of the screen, and it should be a bit bigger(wider)

the difference between generated squares and filled-in squares is too distracting.
perhaps it will work better if all squares are white, generated numbers are black, and filled-in numbers are dark-grey.

the close and move buttons overlap with the 3 and 6, this looks unprofessional.
i suggest you add a little "titlebar‘ on top like with windowed windows in Windows...

perhaps you could add a "game over" if you fill the field with a mistake.
it took me a while to realize that an extra 3 was the reason the clock didn't stop in my first game.

and last one: a paid version.
the ads are very distracting, and in a paid adfree version you could also use this space to display a permanent keypad.

Philipp__

Sep 25, 2008
it looks good, but i see room for a few improvements.

a message comes up at the start of a game, and the button to dismiss it is tiny and tucked away in a corner.
the button should be closer to the center of the screen, and it should be a bit bigger(wider)

the difference between generated squares and filled-in squares is too distracting.
perhaps it will work better if all squares are white, generated numbers are black, and filled-in numbers are dark-grey.

the close and move buttons overlap with the 3 and 6, this looks unprofessional.
i suggest you add a little "titlebar‘ on top like with windowed windows in Windows...

perhaps you could add a "game over" if you fill the field with a mistake.
it took me a while to realize that an extra 3 was the reason the clock didn't stop in my first game.

and last one: a paid version.
the ads are very distracting, and in a paid adfree version you could also use this space to display a permanent keypad.

Thanks for your feedback!.
Many of your suggestions are great and are going to be released in the next version :)

Philipp__

Sep 25, 2008
Btw. there's an option to mark error's in the application bar - so if you don't find your mistakes, you could mark all wrong numbers red