Ask a question

No registration required

Android Kitkat and Lollipop runs on Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 8

OP jockyw2001

29th December 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 40

1,569 posts
Finally I could boot live images of Android Kitkat and Lollipop from a USB stick on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 8 (Z3770). Display and touchscreen work fine, but no wifi, bt, display rotate and battery charge indication. The Kitkat image runs very smooth and can be found here. It was developed for T100TA by Chih-Wei Huang, a chief developer at Android-x86. In the same thread Chih-Wei explains how to install Android. The Lollipop image is not running as smooth, probably due to lacking open GL support. I also found it in the Android-x86 discussion group here. It was built by György Pejović based on kernel 3.18 work of Chih-Wei Huang. Interested developers can hopefully get drivers to work for wifi etc. I installed a Vmware Lubuntu 14.04 for Android-x86 and Android-ia development and can hopefully contribute in the near future. Both Androids didn't work on my Voyo A1 Mini tablet (Z3735F). Kernel loads fine but when graphics mode is switched to show the splash screen the display flickers and nothing can be seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	3087641   Click image for larger version

Name:	image[1].jpg
Views:	480
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	3087642   Click image for larger version

Name:	image[2].jpg
Views:	464
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	3087643   Click image for larger version

Name:	image[3].jpg
Views:	440
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	3087646   Click image for larger version

Name:	image[4].jpg
Views:	448
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	3087647  
Last edited by jockyw2001; 29th December 2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: corrected kitkat download link
29th January 2015, 12:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi, congratulation for this.

First of all excuse my English, I am french.

Maybe could you help me?
I have the Lenovo TP 8 - Windows 8 64 bits (4go ram, Z3795). I want to run android on my tablet. I try to install android IA for intel baytrail 64bits (i follow the tutorial on intel website) but it did not work... the installation failed with this error : error: fatal : bootable/iago/installer/partionner... and it says that it's impossible to install android on my disk cause there is no space, but it's wrong.

my skills in this area are very very limited.

Could you explain to me how must i do, with a little (and simple) turtorial if you can (Bios, usb, ...)

Thanks a lot for your time
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread