Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,461 Members 47,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Dell Axim X50] Need help finding ROM upgrade

Tip us?

ice_236
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Dell Axim X50] Need help finding ROM upgrade

So about a month ago I managed to acquire a Dell Axim X50 low at a garage sale. It is in great running shape and has Windows Mobile 2003 SE on it. I like having little electronics to take to work with me (I am not able to have anything more than a smart phone).

I have been doing a few internet searches, and I cannot seem to find any links anywhere to download the upgrade to Windows Mobile 5. Is there anywhere that anyone knows of where I would be able to acquire it online? I have searched Dell's support website and cannot find any downloads for it anywhere, and support for it has long been dropped. Thanks!

Looneytoon98
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_236 View Post
So about a month ago I managed to acquire a Dell Axim X50 low at a garage sale. It is in great running shape and has Windows Mobile 2003 SE on it. I like having little electronics to take to work with me (I am not able to have anything more than a smart phone).

I have been doing a few internet searches, and I cannot seem to find any links anywhere to download the upgrade to Windows Mobile 5. Is there anywhere that anyone knows of where I would be able to acquire it online? I have searched Dell's support website and cannot find any downloads for it anywhere, and support for it has long been dropped. Thanks!
I don't know how up-to-date the website is but htcgeeks.com was always my go-to source for help when I had my Ax.

stephj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 104
Have you tried this?

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/...driverId=X4F0F

It's an update to WinMo 5.0 but it might work.

Depends whether the installer bothers to look at what's on the device first.

The 33 MB size of the package looks like its a complete WinMo 5.0 ROM

Good Luck!