Ask a question

No registration required

Sending Audio through whatsapp and changing third party app icons

OP Akarsh217

11th July 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
okay.. first of all ur fone must be fully unlocked.. and u shud hav applied the registry hack for file explorer on pc. so either u can use ur pc or ur phone itself to perform this trick.. i wud prefer pc, as it is easier.. follow the steps. (to change the icon)
1. install wpho explorer from http://www.wappstore.org/.. (thanx to the developers finix, heatchliff74, nd ultrashot)
2. provide it root access through root explorer.
3.open it and go to applications..
4. note the application id (e.g for whatsapp its 218a smthng smthng) for which u want to change the icon.
5. connect ur phone to pc and open the explorer. go to applications>install>(app id)>install.
6. there u will find .png files for the icon. generlly named "ApplicationIcon.png" and "Background.png".
7 copy and replace theses icons with ur locally saved png icons(those u wish to b seen).
8. to avoid sophistication, keep ur background.png(tile icon) resolution to 173x173 pixel and applicationIcon.png (appicon) resolution to 62x62 pixel
9. after successful copy and replace.. remove the data cable and restart ur phone.. u will see the changed icon.
(i've attached my phone's screenshots for example.. u can see chrome icon .. that is for uc browser)
(to send audio on whatsapp)
1. capture a video of length approx 10 seconds.
2. locate the video in explorer. it is generally found in my documents>zune>contents>0200>04(as in my case)
u can also use unique file explorer to locate it. using the favourites tab..
3. note the name of the video.
4. rename the audio u want to send and copy and replace the video in the folder.. dont forget to change the extension of the audio from .mp3 to .mp4
5. open whatsapp and go to send video option.. choose the camera roll> and the video thumbnail would appear.. send that video(which is actually the audio that u renamed)

i've successfully transferred a song. using fully unlocked nokia lumia 710 running on reality rom ask if u get problems..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	2845621   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (2).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	2845622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture (3).jpg
Views:	27