Ask a question

No registration required

Post [APP] ME hub

OP Shervrar

29th August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Hello there! I posted this on the WPCentral forum as well, but I though I'd make a post here as well, I hope that's ok.

-=-INTRO-=-
I recently started trying to learn how to make windows phone apps. I've come to windows phone from android (back when ICS was the newest thing), and to my surprise Windows Phone did not have any way to save your own contact information in the 'me hub'. This was a bit annoying, as I did not fancy having to add myself as a contact and scroll through all my contacts whenever I wanted to share my number with someone. I finally decided to learn how to develop, and so, I've made this:...

-=-WHAT IS IT-=-
An alternative to the normal (and now-not-as-useful-as-it-once-was) Me tile. It allows you to share your contact info by tapping on it.
Install it using the XAP Deployment Tool. No interop required. Just normal Dev-unlock.

-=-NOTES-=-

My screenshot features a different header photo for the alternative view ( I didn't include it because I don't 'own' the picture. You can replace it by opening the XAP as an archive and editing the img.jpg image file.
Feedback is welcome!
...although I am very busy at the moment, and I am unsure when/if I will continue to update this app. (One idea was to add a 'post an update' feature that would open MultiShare, but I haven't yet done anything...
The small tile has a black background and a white, round design (not really a tile, more of a button/icon)

-=-THANKS TO-=-
Bob Tabor and Clint Rutkas: The people who made 'Windows Phone 8 development for absolute beginners'. Immensely helpful tutorial!
The Nokia Development website: Their samples helped me understand a lot.
Microsoft: WP (obviously) and their msdn C# and Windows Phone documentation
Stackoverflow: For teaching me that making a text file for every single thing is not the way to go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78957d1409271690t-wp_ss_20140829_0001%5B1%5D.png
Views:	109
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	2916864   Click image for larger version

Name:	78958d1409271748t-wp_ss_20140829_0002%5B1%5D.png
Views:	103
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2916865   Click image for larger version

Name:	78959d1409271762t-wp_ss_20140829_0003%5B1%5D.png
Views:	99
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	2916866  
Attached Files
File Type: xap MEsharp.xap - [Click for QR Code] (191.9 KB, 27 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Shervrar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread