- Place messages.db file on SD card and reinstall WhatsApp. WhatsApp does NOT find the backup on installation. It only restores the most recent chats (not the ones from the backup file)
- Tried available tools for iPhone/Android (Python scripts with crypto 5/7/8). Database format is incompatible
- Tried opening the database file directly in Microsoft Access, SQLite Browser. Unrecognized file format
- Tried the Zune/WP Device Manager approach. Seems to work only with Windows Phone 7.x, Windows Phone 8 is not seen by the tool
- Tried Windows Phone Power Tools to access Isolated Storage for the WhatsApp app, but access to an apps isolated storage is not possible in Windows Phone 8 anymore.
- Tried the WhatsApp Xtractor, but it contains the same iPhone/Android python scripts that don't work with the Windows Phone version
- Even tried asking WhatsApp support directly, but they have not given any response yet
Can any WhatsApp / encryption wizard please help me out. I am more than willing to reward/tip you for it if the solution works!