New Method : How To Install Windows 10 for Phone in any unsupported Lumia device

Search This thread

T4ufik_Hidayat

Feb 15, 2015
Bengkalis
Thread is closed now.

Hi all. I want to inform to you. Don't do It again. Thread now IS CLOSED.
Windows 10 Mobile getting update normally now.

You can get Windows 10 on your Lumia as normally and easier. How?
- Just install Windows Insider app > then pick your update > done.

Thx.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 20,316
  • 2.png
    2.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 19,865
  • wp_ss_20150314_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150314_0001.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 16,978
Last edited:

AriesTruong

Apr 6, 2012
No work with Lumia 1520 Denim

We know Windows Insider getting new update(v1.2.217.1) and come with blocking any possibility to get windows 10 for phone with non-supported device

but i found new way to install Windows 10 fo Phone for any non-supported phone (for all Lumia’s with SDCard enable).

Ok, let’s do it!
Please: DO WITH YOUR OWN RISK!!!

***Requirement***

– Windows Phone 8.1 (Denim or 8.10.14219.xxx is recomended)
– You must have preview for developers installed before to continue with these steps. (Download Preview for Developer from store)
– Have more 300MB free space of Sys Space
If you not have enought space, Flash your phone with Nokia Care Suite of Lumia Software Recovery Tools (you can check here http://xdaforums.com/windows-phone-8/general/how-to-flash-nokia-care-suite-5-t3044200 )
– Internet connection and WiFi

// Hack Your Phone!

Download Hack Tools.zip here
www.4shared.com/zip/9WPofdrGba/Hack_Tools__WP81_.html or see attachments

1. Deploy Custom_WPSystem.xap tool
2. In Hack Tool.zip, the Custom_PfD.xap file, save/place it in sd card.(just place, don’t deploy it!)
3.Now open Custom_WPSystem.xap tool. At startup you can see “SD Card permissions” as red color. Now click that , browse and select SDcard (just SDCard!) to apply permissions.
4.Now you can see “SD Card Permissions” as green color.
5.After changing SD Card permissions click on browse xap button.
6.Browse and select Custom_pfd.xap from SD card and click Apply XAP Button.
7.After successfully applying custom_pfd tool to preview for developers goto Preview for Developers apps.
8.Now your phone is hacked and you can edit registry of your WP8.1.

// Change the registry key

9.Browse to HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargettingInfo | you will see green bar as “You can edit here!”
10.Change these values of some this key.
– Change PhoneFirmwareRevision from default to ->>02055.00000.14511.22002 and click the write button.
– Change PhoneManufacturerModelName from default to ->> RM-984_1006 and click the write button.
– Change PhoneOperatorName from default to ->> 00-IN and click the write button.

Thanks for djamol about the WP8.1 Hacking

// Here is the trick!

11. Then, go to windows insider app and Tap “Get preview build”
if you can’t see any build available for your phone, try to “open windows insider then select sign in with different account > Sign in with Microsoft Account. After that login back with same windows insider account” and then choose the build what you want, you can select “Insider Fast” or “Insider Slow” about what you want to try.
12. Download the update using WiFi!

Don't forget to follow my Twitter @T4ufik_Hidayat :p

Sorry for my bad English :)

Tested on my Lumia 520 and it's working

Thanks to vincenthnkf for old method :highfive: , thanks for raghulive for basic new method :good:

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Hi,

Please, will stop posting, I do not know how many times, the *same tutorial*.
Especially that your tutorial contains errors (such as 00-IN is wrong => 000-IN)

Spikefaery

Oct 15, 2007
Worked with tinkering. MobileOperatorName or PhoneOperatorName : 000-IN ----->is the new registry edit.

Insider app must be installed on phone,
preview for developers app must be installed to SD CARD

Update worked on HTC8s (RIO) currently downloading to device as we speak...
Will let you know how it goes...

T4ufik_Hidayat

Feb 15, 2015
Bengkalis
Worked with tinkering. MobileOperatorName or PhoneOperatorName : 000-IN ----->is the new registry edit.

If it's work in your device, please hit thanks button ;)

Reactions: Masum XDA

aderbalito

Oct 22, 2012
lumia 810 here, everything went well until the phone restarted prior to install. After about 30min of spinning wheels, it returned the 80188308 error.
it was 8.1 preview for developers in factory reset only, will try from factory firm wp8.

Useless to try. Now, when I open windows insider and log in my ms account, the app crashes and exit.

Last edited:
Reactions: dodocool mt

T4ufik_Hidayat

Feb 15, 2015
Bengkalis
lumia 810 here, everything went well until the phone restarted prior to install. After about 30min of spinning wheels, it returned the 80188308 error.
it was 8.1 preview for developers in factory reset only, will try from factory firm wp8.

Useless to try. Now, when I open windows insider and log in my ms account, the app crashes and exit.

Check your sys space, it must more that 300MB. if this not enought, you must flash your phone with Nokia Care Suite. Reset or Factory Reset not affected

Reactions: aderbalito

aderbalito

Oct 22, 2012
Check your sys space, it must more that 300MB. if this not enought, you must flash your phone with Nokia Care Suite. Reset or Factory Reset not affected

it's over 4gb.
At first I was able to log in the insider then get the update, though, after downloading and half an hour of spinning wheels, I was getting an 08xxxx error whitch was common on early updates of wp8.1 due to lack of space. So I cleaned up the phone to factory specs. Now, I'm not able to log in the innsider app, as when I input username and password, the app craches. Even if there's no tweak at all.

Spikefaery

Oct 15, 2007
HTC8s (RIO)

As quoted same problem with HTC8s (RIO) same error, despite having 1GB of space free prior to installation :(

raghulive

Feb 15, 2015
Bengaluru
it's over 4gb.
At first I was able to log in the insider then get the update, though, after downloading and half an hour of spinning wheels, I was getting an 08xxxx error whitch was common on early updates of wp8.1 due to lack of space. So I cleaned up the phone to factory specs. Now, I'm not able to log in the innsider app, as when I input username and password, the app craches. Even if there's no tweak at all.

its not about phone memory,its sys free space to install updates,max it may be 600-700MB,use microsoft phone recovery tool toget full sys free space

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

As quoted same problem with HTC8s (RIO) same error, despite having 1GB of space free prior to installation :(

its not about phone memory,its sys free space to install updates,max it may be 600-700MB,use microsoft phone recovery tool toget full sys free space

T4ufik_Hidayat

Feb 15, 2015
Bengkalis
it's over 4gb.

Sys space not same with phone memory (internal). Again, it will be not affected by factory reset. You must re-flash your device with Nokia Care Suite (first point in the Top thread).
The Windows Insider force close because the update faild and no another way to fixing it without Flash your device using Nokia Care Suite

Niemandausduisburg

Mar 8, 2015
Don´t work

It don´t work with my Lumia 625. It come the Error
":( the operation didn´t complete successfully...
Maybe the app can´t get permissions or
there´s some problems during extracting
files.

Try to:
>"SD Card permissions" button is GREEN
>Apps installed on the SD cards are
CLOSED
>This app is installed on the INTERNAL
MEMORY "."
When I click OK it come the second error:
"Could not find a part of the path 'D:
\WPSystem\appsx'."

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread is closed now.

Hi all. I want to inform to you. Don't do It again. Thread now IS CLOSED.
    Windows 10 Mobile getting update normally now.

You can get Windows 10 on your Lumia as normally and easier. How?
    - Just install Windows Insider app > then pick your update > done.

Thx.

If it's work in your device, please hit thanks button ;)

it's over 4gb.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------