Info 2 Unlock Tethering for Cricket (and possibly AT&T) - How I Did It

OP jrob127

14th August 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hello everyone,

I found a way to unlock tethering on my Nokia Lumia 520. This may work for other models and possibly for AT&T as well. Basically, I followed this guide:

Thread Here

I flashed the 059S340 RM-915 VAR APAC AU CV firmware, and after setup, just happened to try tethering and BAM, it's working perfectly. It was blocked before while using Cricket's original firmware. As far as I can tell there's no disadvantage to flashing this firmware, as you can change your region and language to US during setup, and Windows Phone 8.1 Preview is working great as well.

Happy tethering, I hope this helps someone else out there!

If anyone tries this on AT&T GoPhone or Postpaid, and it works, let us know!
Last edited by jrob127; 14th August 2014 at 01:37 AM.
14th August 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,712

5,739 posts
More
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Any chance you could follow the steps here so this could be made possible for people who don't have Nokia phones and/or don't want to re-flash their firmware? It would be even better if I could also get the info from the original ROM (to see what changed), but if it works now when it didn't before, that's very good to know.

Thanks again.
14th August 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Any chance you could follow the steps here so this could be made possible for people who don't have Nokia phones and/or don't want to re-flash their firmware? It would be even better if I could also get the info from the original ROM (to see what changed), but if it works now when it didn't before, that's very good to know.

Thanks again.

Absolutely! I'm downloading the Windows Phone SDK to do a Dev Unlock right now, and I'll attach the results to your thread over there!
14th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob127

Absolutely! I'm downloading the Windows Phone SDK to do a Dev Unlock right now, and I'll attach the results to your thread over there!

I'm having a little trouble getting my phone to dev unlock, not sure why but i'm beginning to think it might be the new firmware... I'd also like to add that I discovered Double Tap to Wake is working on this firmware, but not in the original from Cricket... strange...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread