Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 1080p preinstalled lockscreen wallpapers request

Tip us?

winphoneuser
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Phone [Q] 1080p preinstalled lockscreen wallpapers request

Hi there. Updated my familiar's Lumia 525 to Lumia Cyan and noticed that lock screen wallpaper (preinstalled ones) are changed, old ones were removed (except one that was already chosen on Lumia Black software). She wanted to see those backgrounds again and I have found them on that site (in Russian). Now I have an idea to collect all the wallpapers that were presented in Windows Phone including 7.0, 7.5, 7.8 (if it different between versions) and 8.1. And of cource I want to get them with maxed out quality which is 1080p for the 8.1 and probably 720p because there were no phones with 1080p screens on Windows Phone 7 platform.

Problem is, there is no way to get those wallpapers from the stock phone. You need to have Full File System Access to get those pictures. I have downloaded leaked Windows Phone 8.1 Emulator image, but there were only Windows Phone 8 (GDR 0 to 3) wallpapers there (but 1080p quality, same ones that were presented on site above). So my request is only applicable to the interop-unlocked Lumias, if the phones like 920 has this location:
Quote:
(Phone):\Windows\SYSTEM32\lockscreen\1080x1920
I don`t know the location for WP7.X devices, but think it should be somewhere there it.

Also there would be nice if someone will provide maxed out lockscreen backgrounds from the current version of the Live Lock Screen app for Microsoft. If they are not protected somehow, all you need is to install the app to SD Card and then use @djamol method. Any Windows Phone 8.1 updated device should be up to do this. I tried to just move the app on my device from the phone storage to SD card, but then there is no Install folder I can copy files from. Doesn`t want to loose my background settings by reinstalling directly to SD card.

There was
Sorry for my English

titi66200
Old
Thanks Meter 103
You can download and extract firmware
Nokia Lumia 1020: OS 8.10.12393.890 Cyan
HTC Titan: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
HTC HD2: New Gen 2.3 OS 7.10.8862.144.
Asus Slate EP121: Windows 8.1

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Or just use the normal (not-all-capability) version of the Webserver app in my signature. It's perfectly capable of browsing and downloading files from the Windows folder!
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

winphoneuser
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Or just use the normal (not-all-capability) version of the Webserver app in my signature. It's perfectly capable of browsing and downloading files from the Windows folder!
GoodDayToDie Webserver 480x800

Yes, webserver app is working, but there's only 480x800 wallpapers on my Lumia 620 with latest 8.1 Developer Preview (I has reasons not to update to Cyan at now and it`s unavailable for me OTA)

I need 1080p ones (should be present on any 930/Icon, 1520 or Incoming HTC One M8)

Quote:
You can download and extract firmware
Oh. It would be great if it will work. I have Navifirm+ with full access, so can you please tell me is there any phone with screen that larger that 800x480 (even Lumia 900 sized that way ) and what the software versions should I download for 7.0, 7.5 "Mango" and 7.8 for that large screen phone and also what the tool should I use to open that firmware? Thanks.
Sorry for my English

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Well yeah, of course the 620 doesn't have the high-res wallpapers. I was just telling you (and everybody else) how they can get those wallpapers off their phones. Somebody with a higher-resolution phone will have access to the high-resolution wallpapers, no need for the Full FS Access hack.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

winphoneuser
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks. Just explored 930/Icon firmware downloaded from NaviFirm+ and took wallpapers from it. But there is a little problem. On my Lumia 620 there is more wallpapers than I could find on the extracted firmware. I don`t even know where they're located. Here is some pics describing this:

Those I could find are with lime green border and those I couldn't are with red. No such pictures into 930 firmware, at least, unencrypted. Any suggestions?

Also, @GoodDayToDie, can you please respond to my PM I sent on 1st of September and then it was marked as read at 4th of September, no response since then
Sorry for my English
Tags
interop, live lock screen, lockscreen background, windows phone 7, windows phone 8