Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 1080p preinstalled lockscreen wallpapers request

OP winphoneuser

31st August 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Ekaterinburg
Thanks Meter: 7

47 posts
More
Hi there. Updated my familiar's Lumia 525 to Lumia Cyan and noticed that lock screen wallpaper (preinstalled ones) are changed, old ones were removed (except one that was already chosen on Lumia Black software). She wanted to see those backgrounds again and I have found them on that site (in Russian). Now I have an idea to collect all the wallpapers that were presented in Windows Phone including 7.0, 7.5, 7.8 (if it different between versions) and 8.1. And of cource I want to get them with maxed out quality which is 1080p for the 8.1 and probably 720p because there were no phones with 1080p screens on Windows Phone 7 platform.

Problem is, there is no way to get those wallpapers from the stock phone. You need to have Full File System Access to get those pictures. I have downloaded leaked Windows Phone 8.1 Emulator image, but there were only Windows Phone 8 (GDR 0 to 3) wallpapers there (but 1080p quality, same ones that were presented on site above). So my request is only applicable to the interop-unlocked Lumias, if the phones like 920 has this location:
Quote:

(Phone):\Windows\SYSTEM32\lockscreen\1080x1920

I don`t know the location for WP7.X devices, but think it should be somewhere there it.

Also there would be nice if someone will provide maxed out lockscreen backgrounds from the current version of the Live Lock Screen app for Microsoft. If they are not protected somehow, all you need is to install the app to SD Card and then use @djamol method. Any Windows Phone 8.1 updated device should be up to do this. I tried to just move the app on my device from the phone storage to SD card, but then there is no Install folder I can copy files from. Doesn`t want to loose my background settings by reinstalling directly to SD card.

There was
31st August 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag PERPIGNAN
Thanks Meter: 103

513 posts
More
You can download and extract firmware
1st September 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,785

5,870 posts
More
Or just use the normal (not-all-capability) version of the Webserver app in my signature. It's perfectly capable of browsing and downloading files from the Windows folder!
1st September 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Ekaterinburg

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Or just use the normal (not-all-capability) version of the Webserver app in my signature. It's perfectly capable of browsing and downloading files from the Windows folder!

GoodDayToDie Webserver 480x800

Yes, webserver app is working, but there's only 480x800 wallpapers on my Lumia 620 with latest 8.1 Developer Preview (I has reasons not to update to Cyan at now and it`s unavailable for me OTA)

I need 1080p ones (should be present on any 930/Icon, 1520 or Incoming HTC One M8)

Quote:

You can download and extract firmware

Oh. It would be great if it will work. I have Navifirm+ with full access, so can you please tell me is there any phone with screen that larger that 800x480 (even Lumia 900 sized that way ) and what the software versions should I download for 7.0, 7.5 "Mango" and 7.8 for that large screen phone and also what the tool should I use to open that firmware? Thanks.
3rd September 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,785

5,870 posts
More
Well yeah, of course the 620 doesn't have the high-res wallpapers. I was just telling you (and everybody else) how they can get those wallpapers off their phones. Somebody with a higher-resolution phone will have access to the high-resolution wallpapers, no need for the Full FS Access hack.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Ekaterinburg

47 posts
More
Thanks. Just explored 930/Icon firmware downloaded from NaviFirm+ and took wallpapers from it. But there is a little problem. On my Lumia 620 there is more wallpapers than I could find on the extracted firmware. I don`t even know where they're located. Here is some pics describing this:

Those I could find are with lime green border and those I couldn't are with red. No such pictures into 930 firmware, at least, unencrypted. Any suggestions?

Also, @GoodDayToDie, can you please respond to my PM I sent on 1st of September and then it was marked as read at 4th of September, no response since then
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
interop, live lock screen, lockscreen background, windows phone 7, windows phone 8
Previous Thread Next Thread