XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues with T899M after update

Tip us?

calahorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Issues with T899M after update

Hi, I recently updated my Samsung Ativ S T899M phone to windows phone 8.1 via the developers preview app. I use the phone on the Telus network here in Canada. After I did the update I'm no longer able to enable wifi tethering. When I attempt to activate it, I get the following error: "Connection not shared - There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again.".

My APN settings are correct for Telus, I'm getting internet and am able to send and receive MMS. Does anyone know if this issue can be resolved? And if not, Is there a possibility of reverting back to the original rom I had installed?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
We don't have base ROMs for the T899M, sadly. If your phone is interop-unlocked though, I'm working on a fix for the tethering issue here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...ature-t2843391. If it worked for you *before* 8.1 and doesn't now, that would be weird (and I'd appreciate you completing the process listed there).

You can also try flashing one of @-W_O_L_F-'s custom CSCs. They aren't full ROMs, but they still allow us to fix/change a lot of stuff. Some people have reported that they fix Internet Sharing.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

calahorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
For sure, I will follow your process! I'll let you know how it goes!

calahorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Fixed

Hey GoodDayToDie, sorry for the private message earlier. I managed to flash wolfs CSC file and I can confirm that it indeed fixes the internet sharing issue. Thanks again, and I'll follow your instructions on the other page to get the information you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to calahorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freeandroid4248
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I have this phone as well. It came from bell and it is unlocked, I currently am using it on koodo. Everything appears to work okay for me, even tethering via WiFi.
I am having other small problems however,
  • Whenever I reset my phone the ringtone goes back to default rather than staying on the custom
  • If I select 3g only it still connects to LTE which is horrible reception where I am located.
  • Enabling, and then disabling Airplane mode causes my phone to go all sluggish, only way to fix is to reboot.

Any one know of fixes for these issues in 8.1 DP on the t899m? would wolfs custom csc fix these issues?