No registration required

Confused whether to get Lumia 520 or Nokia X

OP SAM209

19th July 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

56 posts
Hi all,
I've never used a WP device before.. but I've used a lot of android (well, very-low-end) devices and I like android very much..
It gives you 100% freedom when it comes to customization .. Launchers, Themes, and even Custom ROMS..
unfortunately, those are missing in WP..
I had a look at the OS itself and I think it's nice .. but I think it will be boring after a while..
and also android has a far wider range of apps of all sorts and games..
The good thing about WP though is the performance .. it's far better than android's (even in low-end devices)
So what's your opinion ?
Lumia 520 or Nokia X.. (What I really care about is customization and performance especially when using apps and not-so-heavy games like Asphalt maybe?)
22nd July 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 95

138 posts
Donate to Me
More
WP & android is different os.

Also Nokia x has a different android os. It's your choice, where to go. Like as get Mac or Windows or linux.
22nd July 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

129 posts
More
MS abandon nokia X project!

Inviato dal mio Ativ S con Tapatalk 2
25th July 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM209

Hi all,
I've never used a WP device before.. but I've used a lot of android (well, very-low-end) devices and I like android very much..
It gives you 100% freedom when it comes to customization .. Launchers, Themes, and even Custom ROMS..
unfortunately, those are missing in WP..
I had a look at the OS itself and I think it's nice .. but I think it will be boring after a while..
and also android has a far wider range of apps of all sorts and games..
The good thing about WP though is the performance .. it's far better than android's (even in low-end devices)
So what's your opinion ?
Lumia 520 or Nokia X.. (What I really care about is customization and performance especially when using apps and not-so-heavy games like Asphalt maybe?)

Hey.
I've used both phones and I have both of them currently, though I use 520. Windows Phone 8 is way better than Android in terms of performance in low end devices. If you want to play games like Asphalt 8, then I would recommend 520. Nokia X cannot handle that game since the way Android utilizes the RAM is...well, not good. Apart from that, 520 has a better camera, auto-focus and a whole host of other features.

The biggest thing is that Microsoft has abandoned the X-series. The Nokia X Platform has become sort of obsolete. 520 is currently getting Windows Phone 8.1 which will further improve the experience and will bring more personalization options, but it would still be behind Android.
I would recommend that if you go for Windows Phone, get Lumia 525 instead of 520, if it's available, as it has 1 GB RAM, and that will allow you to use more apps, which will be unavailable for low-RAM Windows Phones.

Hope you found this helpfull.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread