Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can I emulate the touch in the Windows Phone screen?

OP Yan_Sardinha

1st July 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I want to create an app to emulate the touch in the screen virtually (like the Sixaxis Controller), but I don't know if this is possible. The OS allows me to do this? Can someone help me? I'm a noob
Well, some days ago I saw videos on YouTube showing the Moga Controller working on a Windows Phone device. So I was imagining that would can be something like the sixaxis controller for Android. I asked myself if something like this would be possible in the Microsoft OS. Would so cool make an app to connect a Xbox One or PS4 Controller on the phone through the USB port or bluetooth, configure the points in the screen where must touch, and play the game. Exactly like the Sixaxis Controller.
I have almost sure that I'm dreaming so much high, but would cool, wouldn't?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	original2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	2826915  
Last edited by Yan_Sardinha; 7th July 2014 at 11:47 AM.
1st July 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,870 posts
More
Not sure. You can query the object state for things under a pointer and raise their Clicked events, but I don't know a way to simply just simulate a click or gesture. Anybody else have any idea? This kind of thing is actually pretty common for automated testing, but I've never tried doing it on WP. Maybe see if there's some automation classes in WP and perhaps they can do it.

I can almost guarantee you wont be able to click on *other* apps, though. Just the one that is sending the touch events.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Question How Moga Controller can?
Well, some days ago I saw videos on YouTube showing the Moga Controller working on a Windows Phone device. So I was imagining that would can be something like the sixaxis controller for Android. I asked myself if something like this would be possible in the Microsoft OS. Would so cool make an app to connect a Xbox One or PS4 Controller on the phone through the USB port or bluetooth, configure the points in the screen where must touch, and play the game. Exactly like the Sixaxis Controller.
I have almost sure that I'm dreaming so much high, but would cool, wouldn't?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread