Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I emulate the touch in the Windows Phone screen?

Tip us?

Yan_Sardinha
Old
(Last edited by Yan_Sardinha; 7th July 2014 at 10:47 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Can I emulate the touch in the Windows Phone screen?

I want to create an app to emulate the touch in the screen virtually (like the Sixaxis Controller), but I don't know if this is possible. The OS allows me to do this? Can someone help me? I'm a noob
Well, some days ago I saw videos on YouTube showing the Moga Controller working on a Windows Phone device. So I was imagining that would can be something like the sixaxis controller for Android. I asked myself if something like this would be possible in the Microsoft OS. Would so cool make an app to connect a Xbox One or PS4 Controller on the phone through the USB port or bluetooth, configure the points in the screen where must touch, and play the game. Exactly like the Sixaxis Controller.
I have almost sure that I'm dreaming so much high, but would cool, wouldn't?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	original2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	2826915  

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
Not sure. You can query the object state for things under a pointer and raise their Clicked events, but I don't know a way to simply just simulate a click or gesture. Anybody else have any idea? This kind of thing is actually pretty common for automated testing, but I've never tried doing it on WP. Maybe see if there's some automation classes in WP and perhaps they can do it.

I can almost guarantee you wont be able to click on *other* apps, though. Just the one that is sending the touch events.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Yan_Sardinha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question How Moga Controller can?

Well, some days ago I saw videos on YouTube showing the Moga Controller working on a Windows Phone device. So I was imagining that would can be something like the sixaxis controller for Android. I asked myself if something like this would be possible in the Microsoft OS. Would so cool make an app to connect a Xbox One or PS4 Controller on the phone through the USB port or bluetooth, configure the points in the screen where must touch, and play the game. Exactly like the Sixaxis Controller.
I have almost sure that I'm dreaming so much high, but would cool, wouldn't?