Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 49,889 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GPS coordinates are used by one app only

Tip us?

gabriel_tosh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GPS coordinates are used by one app only

Hello, guys.
I am experiencing one problem with my HTC 8X with WP8. It seems that my GPS coordinates can only be used by one app. When I try to use 2 apps for my track logging - (like CycleMaster etc.), only one can create gpx file with the GPS data, another app returns the empty track data. When I use one tracking app, it works well but while I am taking photos on my route, the camera app cannot fill GPS coordinates in a file/picture attributes.
Is it a problem of WP8 or HTC 8X? Is there any way to bypass the issue?
Many thanks in advance!

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2677
The inability to run two background GPS apps at once (like a track logger + Here Drive) is a platform limitation to keep battery life sane. The thing of not being able to get geotagging in your photos while using a tracking app is very weird though. Either HTC-specific or possibly just an issue with your phone would be my guess...?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]