Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] How to get SMS out of the WP8.1 phone to print for the police

23rd August 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I'm writing this story in behalf of one friend and asking how to get out of the phone about 100 SMS messages to be printed for the police in case of stalking. I don't find any solution my self. Is there any program to get out SMS messages or is there any possibilities to hack the phone or Back Up copy on outlook account.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by Timppa_K; 23rd August 2014 at 04:04 PM.
23rd August 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bridgend
Thanks Meter: 18

231 posts
More
I'd like to know this as well,it's the main stumbling block stopping me switching to Windows phone. On android it is so simple, I do mine weekly for a access court case against my ex. It should be a priority in this day and age.
26th August 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,166

3,333 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potsykate

I'd like to know this as well,it's the main stumbling block stopping me switching to Windows phone. On android it is so simple, I do mine weekly for a access court case against my ex. It should be a priority in this day and age.

on wp 8.1 you can enable them to be backuped
or when it are only 100 then you could copie them and past the text in an email ( I know that sucks but there isn't any better)
26th August 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bridgend

231 posts
More
Thanks for that, when you back them up exactly where do they go and what can you do with the back up?
I don't mind the copy and paste aspects of it, it's a bind but I can do that.

Seems like there needs to be an app out there in this day and age to make this a simple task.
26th August 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,698

5,682 posts
More
SMS backup is actually possible even just on 8.0, but it goes into an invisible SkyDrive (excuse me, OneDrive) folder. People were able to find the data before, but I don't remember how.

You could try intercepting the network traffic from the backup operation and see if that tells you where it's going?
26th August 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bridgend

231 posts
More
That's a bit technical for the average person to be honest. Why can't they have something like 'sms backup and restore' like they do in android to make things simple for the average person?
27th August 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I know where the backup is but I think the only one who can open it and extract SMS out is NSA - and of cource MS
Last edited by Timppa_K; 27th August 2014 at 03:29 AM.
28th August 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,698

5,682 posts
More
Care to share the location? It may be possible to get it by requesting the files directly from OneDrive (or wherever) rather than navigating to them using the UI.

With that said, it might be worth contacting MS about it. I mean, if it's for the police, that's a pretty good reason to make that stuff accessible.
30th August 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #9  
Westerlee
Thanks Meter: 38

275 posts
More
You probably only get it in plain text.
You need the coversationlist and the Sms textfield.
There are two way's of getting it.
Screendumps and / or.....the old fashion camera.

The option of making your messages visible in outlook doesnt work anymore.
More info
http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...p-outlook.html

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread