No registration required

[Q] Major wp8.1 issues after update

OP HiJAK

27th August 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
Hi all

Wondering if anyone can offer any advice on this...

I upgraded a lumia 920 to windows 8.1, after the update no apps would work including stock apps like internet explorer App Store etc.

I hard reset the phone by going to settings about reset my phone

After this was done it did not give me the option to add my Microsoft account to restore the backed up data and the apps still don't work. If I try to manually add a Microsoft account the option crashes and internet explorer and stock apps still keep crashing.

By crashing I mean as soon as I click them they try to open by go straight back to the main screen.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance for any advice
27th August 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag BFE
Thanks Meter: 56

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJAK

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can offer any advice on this...

I upgraded a lumia 920 to windows 8.1, after the update no apps would work including stock apps like internet explorer App Store etc.

I hard reset the phone by going to settings about reset my phone

After this was done it did not give me the option to add my Microsoft account to restore the backed up data and the apps still don't work. If I try to manually add a Microsoft account the option crashes and internet explorer and stock apps still keep crashing.

By crashing I mean as soon as I click them they try to open by go straight back to the main screen.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance for any advice

My advice would be to restore the phone using the Nokia tool. These links may be of some help depending on how you upgraded... http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/f...topic=FA142987 or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453. More info about the method you used would be helpful to anyone that may be of more help. Luckily the phone isn't bricked and still boots.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonbonz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 95

136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try HARD RESET again.

Minimum 2 times.
The Following User Says Thank You to djamol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

30 posts
thanks for the replies, i tried to hard reset again just now but the same happened, it takes me through the set up process, when it gets to the account page and i click "sign in" it shows a white screen with:

"checking account information"

then doesnt ask for any login details and goes to the home screen, and the apps still dont work, I'm trying the nokia recovery tool now, will update what happens,
27th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

30 posts
Finally got a chance to do the nokia software reset which did the job fine, had a few apps which had a strange error and would not reinstall with an err 8000fff however after the update was redone it seemed fine, only crap part is all the text messages and calendar entries have been lost

thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread