Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Nokia 930 can't connect with Onedrive. Hard reset doesn't work.

OP alves.co

28th August 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Hi,

I've bought today a Lumia 930. But there is very serious problem with it... I can't connect to the Onedrive. It shows me, that I haven't internet connection and try again later.

I tried to do some hard/factory resets and login with three different microsoft accounts, but it doesn't work.

See some pictures please in attachment.

And one more thing with my broken 930... I can't do backup - "Wystąpił błąd, prosze spróbować ponownie" means in my language: "An Error occured. Please try again later".

Is it some kind of serious software bug, which I can only fight with warranty?

Could you try to help me, please?

Greetings,
Peter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wp_ss_20140522_0001.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (93.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg wp_ss_20140522_0002.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (74.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wp_ss_20140522_0003.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (159.5 KB, 14 views)
28th August 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #2  
FloatingFatMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 538
 
2,663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
More
I see you're connecting via wifi... Are you sure your Wifi has internet access? Can you browse the internet OK?
28th August 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingFatMan

I see you're connecting via wifi... Are you sure your Wifi has internet access? Can you browse the internet OK?

Hey, of course yes. I should be an idiot to post on XDA, when my WiFi simply doesn't work.

It's problem only with Onedrive and backup copy.

Now, I'm trying to do a recover via "Nokia Software Recovery Tool". It's very last chance for this phone in my opinion.

Greetings,
Peter.

EDIT: This method doesn't work for me. Onedrive error is still there.
Last edited by alves.co; 28th August 2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: change
28th August 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #4  
FloatingFatMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 538
 
2,663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alves.co

Hey, of course yes. I should be an idiot to post on XDA, when my WiFi simply doesn't work.

I had to ask... You'd be shocked at how many people just don't check the basic things...

Which leads to my next question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alves.co

It's problem only with Onedrive and backup copy.

Now, I'm trying to do a recover via "Nokia Software Recovery Tool". It's very last chance for this phone in my opinion.

Greetings,
Peter.

EDIT: This method doesn't work for me. Onedrive error is still there.

Have you verified that you can sign in OK from other devices?
28th August 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingFatMan

I had to ask... You'd be shocked at how many people just don't check the basic things...

Which leads to my next question!



Have you verified that you can sign in OK from other devices?


Of course I've verified. From windows7 and from another Lumia (520 exactly). It's very serious problem, because this Onedrive and backup are key feature in WP 8.1
28th August 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #6  
FloatingFatMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 538
 
2,663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
More
I suggest then, that you take it back to the store and swap it for another, and check OneDrive before you leave. I bought a 930 at the weekend, and OneDrive works just fine for me, so it's not a problem with the OS.

With such a new unit, it's probably not worth wasting time trying to debug it... Just swap it.
28th August 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingFatMan

I suggest then, that you take it back to the store and swap it for another, and check OneDrive before you leave. I bought a 930 at the weekend, and OneDrive works just fine for me, so it's not a problem with the OS.

With such a new unit, it's probably not worth wasting time trying to debug it... Just swap it.


Im now in store, but they wont exchange it for another device. They want to fix it...
My God, I hate them so much
28th August 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #8  
FloatingFatMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 538
 
2,663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alves.co

Im now in store, but they wont exchange it for another device. They want to fix it...
My God, I hate them so much

O.o What country are you in? If you're in the EU, they're required by law to swap it within 28 days.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes