[RECOVERY] Clockworkmod for Mi3W (Snapdragon Intl.version) - v 6.0.5.1

Search This thread

sivabommakanti

Dec 15, 2011
Chennai
I can't install this via the Updater app. I had previously installed the recovery that came with Ivan's Mi3 Lollipop ROM, not knowing that it was in Chinese.

When trying to install the recovery linked to in this thread, I get an error:

Code:
script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cancro" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "cancro"
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cancro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "cancro"

How can I get CWM to install successfully?

You need to install the recovery through your existing recovery. Reboot to recovery, then flash the r11 cwm zip file.

veladem

Feb 28, 2011
Sacramento
If flashing R11 doesn't work, try flashing R8 first through the updater with it on the root of the SD, then if that works upgrade to R11 after.

Reactions: bl@ckadder

mandarpalshikar

Feb 3, 2008
sometimes I get prompt to fix root while rebooting from CWM on my MI3. Any reason for this ?
Am using MIUI 6 dev rom. Have Busybox, Super SU, WSM / Xposed modules installed.

iTalisman

sometimes I get prompt to fix root while rebooting from CWM on my MI3. Any reason for this ?
Am using MIUI 6 dev rom. Have Busybox, Super SU, WSM / Xposed modules installed.

You will get this prompt. Please check if it is for the other empty partition which you are not using. I have MIUI Partition-1 so CWM always asks me if it wants to fix root in Partition-2 since it is empty.

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
really need TWRP for mi3... it is much better than CWM in everything! really hope some skilled people can port TWRP for mi3 :(

sripathi6

Dec 20, 2011
Erode
Hi guys,

Let me share you the latest verion of CWM V 6.0.5.1 for ur Mi3W - Snapdragon version.:cyclops:
Flashing instructions with stock recovery :
1. Download the file from the link below.
2. Put the file on root of the sdcard
3. Now open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.
4. Now turn off your phone. Press volume up + power button simultaneously for 4-5 seconds. You will now boot into Clockworkmod recovery.:good:
Link to original post : http://en.miui.com/thread-58602-1-1.html?mobile=2

i cant install via update app even its rooted device...
its showing error as DOWNLOAD standard ROM and update
kindly help me

sripathi6

Dec 20, 2011
Erode
i cant install via update app even its rooted device...
its showing error as DOWNLOAD standard ROM and update
kindly help me

Found the way to install CWM??
first install CWM 8th via updater application or stock recovery (renamed as update.zip) then update/install CWM R11

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

htcmg2

Jan 1, 2010
Update error

There is no update.zip in the download....and when i try to use the zip file i got from the link...update fails...can anyone post a step by step guide

hrishikeshgramani

Jan 22, 2014
Does this work on miui 6 dev ROM by flashing using updater app please reply

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

Riichard63

Jan 23, 2013
This version of CWM is the most buggy/uncertain cwm i have tried on mi3W !!

It simply doesnt work like it is supposed to... Cache wipe doesnt happen and somehow it will mess up the partitions in TDB

I can confirm that the same thing is happening to me with all versions =/

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

purval6300

Mar 23, 2013
Surat,Gujarat
i Can too confirm that its a buggy cwm...even i formatted system,data,cache..and then flash new MIUI version i got my all data and apps back again how is that possible..pls someone make it perfect bcd we don't have spare phone so that we can not boot 2 rom at a time

Riichard63

Jan 23, 2013
Okay, because of bugs I wrote to Furniel on 4pda.ru to ask a new version and here is his reply :

Furniel said:
Hi. Initially recovery was made only for MI2, donbot asked me to make it for mi3 and helped me to test it on his mi3(thanks to him i fixed all errors that he found and released recovery for mi3). Unfortunately i can`t test recovery myself and donbot don`t test last recovery versions. You can leave bugreport(write what wipes don`t work. If don`t works wipe data - write if you use tdb or not ) in my issue tracker(https://bitbucket.org/furniel/android_bootable_recovery/issues?status=new&status=open) and i`ll try to fix bug with wipes, but i can`t give any guarantees. Now i don`t plan any updates because recovery based on CWM and looks like it won`t be updated anymore(in cm12 it replaced with cm recovery) and on mi2 there are no issues with recovery(may be i`ll need to update recovery when official miui v6 will be released for mi2), so new builds will be released only if i`ll fix some new issues in recovery.

So finaly CancroCM team should take a look to CM12 recovery. But I'll report bugs on the link he gave me. If he makes new release I will be able to try it on my own phone. If you see some missing bug feel free to add them.

I'll tell you if there's something new.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Let me share you the latest verion of CWM V 6.0.5.1 for ur Mi3W - Snapdragon version.:cyclops:

Instructions :

Flashing instructions with stock recovery :
    1. Download the file from the link below.

2. Put the file on root of the sdcard

3. Now open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.

4. Now turn off your phone. Press volume up + power button simultaneously for 4-5 seconds. You will now boot into Clockworkmod recovery.:good:

Flashing instructions for custom recovery (previous versions of CWM) :
    1. Reboot to recovery mode.

2. Navigate to the zip file

3. Flash it on any system. Done.

4. Now select reboot recovery to enter into the latest recovery !
    Download link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8r79Oy-P-_Qb2VVUnFmRHBKV28/view?usp=sharing

Credits : Furniel
    Link to original post : http://en.miui.com/thread-58602-1-1.html?mobile=2
    NEW VERSION CWM R11

19fe04f93c5dd4fa49d74897d7799790.jpg

ae34f4b78b134242b802012dbd5b2610.jpg

Source: en.miui.com

Download

. Link Press here

. Mirror Mega Press here

MD5:
    22caf9a359f1c92aa4cc46f23e51bbab
    NEW VERSION Cwm r10 / 6.5.0.1

. original Site HERE

. direct download link HERE
    please cm team, time to port twrp to our mi3's!!!! that would be great, much better recovery.. thanks in advance! i wish i could do that myself.. :(
    I have AOSP and MIUI 6, using TDB using CWM 6.0.4.8 (R7)

Yes. But doesn't with 6.5.0.