[ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] AICP V5 [Cancro]

OP jackeagle

Announcement from jackeagle: AICP Is Here
4th September 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 33

385 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh_0895

do a full wipe of ur sd data using miui recovery but before wiping off everything take a back up n save all sd data to ur PC.

I now have MIUI V6 on system 2 and AOSB on system 1. CWM recovery with TDB enabled. Do you mean i should flash using Mi-Flash to get complete data wipe and MI-recovery installed along with the rom ? And then I have ot re-install cwm, enable tdb and then install AOSB or AICP again ?

infact this is what i did to begin with MIUI v6 freshly last week !
29th September 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
V6 is already out will u compile and upload it for cancro
Thnks in advnce

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium HD app
29th September 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #33  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 1,386

837 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank233

V6 is already out will u compile and upload it for cancro
Thnks in advnce

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium HD app

Yeah V6 Is Up Since Some users complain that with same Cm-11.0 bugs what is the point of releasing other Rom's has per this post hence I suspended updating any of my Rom's
But if users insist on Update then will look into it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #34  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 430

2,385 posts
More
I don't mind the bugs. as long as there's stuff to choose from. we'll be happy, but we'll be happier if xiaomi gives the source already. 👌
Last edited by gonemad02; 29th September 2014 at 04:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gonemad02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #35  
Flag XDA

837 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonemad02

I don't mind the bugs. as long as there are stuff to choose from. we'll be happy, but we'll be happier is xiaomi releases the source for cancro.

Ok Then will update AICP to V6 soon
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #36  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 143

648 posts
Donate to Me
More
I hope Xiaomi releases the Kernel Sources as it will be very easy to port most of things to Mi3 by experienced devs as it uses Snapdragon 800 Chipset similar to Nexus 5 and the camera is IMX135 from Sony which again is found in many handsets so porting stuff won't be difficult for pros. Until then I am with AOSP as its embarrasing to see phone reboot in middle of call
7th October 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 5

76 posts
I have a query regarding these releases.
What is the meaning of posting an unofficial AICP release.

AICP officially has not released for cancro (MI3). Then who does that?
What do they do? Do they compile CM11 specifically for Cancro. Change build.props, system libs, etc.?

How do I trust a release which is unofficial, believing that its specifically for Cancro? Meaning, the sound recorder, the camera, other apps, etc. are aware of the device and can take advantage of the features as Official MI3 ROMs can take.
7th October 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #38  
Flag XDA

837 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by om.thelostone

I have a query regarding these releases.
What is the meaning of posting an unofficial AICP release.

AICP officially has not released for cancro (MI3). Then who does that?
What do they do? Do they compile CM11 specifically for Cancro. Change build.props, system libs, etc.?

How do I trust a release which is unofficial, believing that its specifically for Cancro? Meaning, the sound recorder, the camera, other apps, etc. are aware of the device and can take advantage of the features as Official MI3 ROMs can take.

Here is the answer for your queries
Unofficial means that AICP Developers dont support it that is your device is not supported by AICP.
AICP Official will be released by me itself no one else will release....First of all let me remind you that Mi3 doesnt have stable CM11 source due to Xiaomi company which has not released sources yet....All Developers are trying their best to solve all the issues of CM11 and other Rom's until all Bugs are solved and Stable CM is obtained AICP Will never accept to give official Status and I am maintaing the Rom on behalf of AICP has they have permitted me to do so......This Rom is completly build from AICP sources itself like all official devices are build ...your status says you had owned i9500 and AICP is official there the same sources are used here there is nothing my own added or something ....Trusting is on ur wish when 250+ downloades/people can trust its ur wish if u want you can try if not its your wish.This Rom is not Xiaomi made to have it untrusted
No apps take your personel stuffs nor AICP or any other Rom's take...I dont know on what point your talking about untrusty?
And Do Remember no one will release a Rom has official straight away they first release has Unofficial itself later if they find no issues then only they will make it Official. For Xiaomi Mi3 I am AICP Rom maintiner and Official Status can only be given by me only not others. I will give it only if Rom has negligible bugs which is possible when CyanogenMod is Stable .....
Official Status is not given by changing build.prop or anything it is done while we build from source and Rom Developers have permitted for Offcial status and after Device source are added to AICP Sources only then it will be official not otherwise...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #39  
Flag XDA

837 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread closed...

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread