26th August 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 97

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi Guys,

I am going to explain you all how to root your Mi3, Redmi1S or Redmi Note - Indian version - Works on other variants too - Tested on Singapore, Malaysia and TD too. This may work with other Country ROM's also. If you are successful please let me know & the method u followed.

This is so far the easiest method to gain root on your MI Device - Even a Noob can do it .

1. Download the follwing zip file and rename it to "update.zip"

2. Put these files on in the SD card of your phone. - Not inside other folders i.e on ur root of sd card.

3. Now open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.

4. Reboot your system now. Go to Security app - Permissions - Root permission - Turn on. U have root access now. (Screenshot for the same has been attached below - Just for Help).

Download link for the file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8ng3b1rue...nlock.zip?dl=0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi3_BB10Unlock_1.PNG
Views:	263
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	2912393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi3_BB10Unlock_2.PNG
Views:	296
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	2912394  
Last edited by sharingspider; 31st August 2014 at 09:19 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharingspider For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
Hmm simple & cool so we can access root even in stable rom right?
26th August 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yup that's right mate - And it just takes a second to do it
The Following User Says Thank You to sharingspider For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13

68 posts
More
Are you getting OTA updates after doing this?
My updater does not run the check at all..
31st August 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsrook14

Are you getting OTA updates after doing this?
My updater does not run the check at all..

Ya getting full OTA updates - This has nothing to do with OTA at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharingspider For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13

68 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingspider

Ya getting full OTA updates - This has nothing to do with OTA at all.

FYI, rooting has broken my OTA updates.. Though I can always go back to correct Unrooted version and update...
Thanks all the same

As per below thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xiao...t-mi3-t2845843

"NOTE 2: for some people rooting breaks OTA UPDATES but for some it doesn't. To update your phone you can simply unroot it and update it and root it again. Doesn't take much time to unroot."
31st August 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for highlighting this issue. Hasn't happened with 18 devices rooted by us so far. Will do the same if it happens. Cheers.

Guys anyone else not able to get OTA ? Bcoz of shifting to Dev ROM or enabling root - Plz post !!
6th September 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #8  
Flag bvanglore
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
[QUOTE=sharingspider;55053028]Hi Guys,

I am going to explain you all how to root your Mi3, Redmi1S or Redmi Note - Indian version - Works on other variants too - Tested on Singapore, Malaysia and TD too. This may work with other Country ROM's also. If you are successful please let me know & the method u followed.

This is so far the easiest method to gain root on your MI Device - Even a Noob can do it .

2. Put these files on in the SD card of your phone. - Not inside other folders i.e on ur root of sd card.

3. Now open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.

4. Reboot your system now. Go to Security app - Permissions - Root permission - Turn on. U have root access now. (Screenshot for the same has been attached below - Just for Help).

thanks a lot,

is this method going to erase all my data.?
6th September 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=sanketh.nm;55279928]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingspider

Hi Guys,

thanks a lot,

is this method going to erase all my data.?

It's not going to erase any data

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to root mi3, root mi3, root mi3 indian version, root mi4, root miui5
Previous Thread Next Thread